Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BillsFans Fantasy Football

Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino

Greetings, and welcome back to another year of BillsFans Fantasy Football! @B-Man's Pleasant Team took home the title last season with an impressive 13-2 record. Will the '22 season bring a repeat champion, or will a new team rise and snatch the title? You can't win if you don't play, so now is the time to sign up! 

DRAFT DATE AND TIME: FRIDAY, AUGUST 26th, 8pm EST / 5pm PST

* We can change this to accommodate everyone once we fill out the league

Last season the league had 8 teams. Including B and myself there were: 

@Jabba The Hutt

@Taro T

@TakeYouToTasker 2.0

@Boyst

+ Two more who's members names were hidden (and I don't want to misattribute ownership) - Make Buffalo Great Again, Bills and Horns.

Everyone who played last year has first dibs at reclaiming a spot in the league. If you're interested, sign up on the Yahoo page (or let me know if there's an issue and I'll send an invite). If you do not wish to play again, please let us know ASAP so we can fill your spot with some fresh meat. And speaking of fresh meat, we'd like a 12 man league this year meaning we have FOUR SPOTS OPEN for new ownership. First come, first serve - here's the link to sign up: 

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1019920/invitation?key=e5a0097647c26570&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=92382ca120230643

Please announce yourself on the thread when you join - trash talking welcome, the more interesting and colorful the better. 

Being that it's the off season, now is the time to change the scoring system if so desired. Here is the scoring and roster construction we used last season: 

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Q/W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only
Offense League Value Yahoo Default Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 4 points at 300 yards; 6 points at 400 yards; 12 points at 500 yards  
Passing Touchdowns
Yahoo Default
6 4
Interceptions
Yahoo Default
-2 -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 6 points at 100 yards; 8 points at 150 yards; 12 points at 200 yards  
Rushing Touchdowns 6  
Receptions
Yahoo Default
1 0.5
Receiving Yards 10 yards per point; 6 points at 100 yards; 8 points at 150 yards; 12 points at 200 yards  
Receiving Touchdowns 6  
Return Touchdowns 6  
2-Point Conversions 2  
Fumbles Lost -2  
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6  
Kickers League Value Yahoo Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3  
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3  
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3  
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4  
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5  
Point After Attempt Made 1  
Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo Default Value
Sack 1  
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 2  
Block Kick 2  
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6  
Points Allowed 0 points 10  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
Extra Point Returned 2

If we can get 10 or 12 teams, I would propose we eliminate the option to use a QB in the flex spot (there won't be enough QB's to go around), and eliminate 1 WR spot, to make the rosters look: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, D - with 6 bench spots, no IR, giving us 15 total roster spots. This should keep the waiver wire competitive but the Commish is open to other ideas and proposals. 

This is a HIGH SCORING league traditionally. Lots of points, lots of ways to win. That said, if you wish to change the scoring now is the time to make suggestions. Post ideas/suggestions/insults in this thread, and we will lock in the scoring by THURSDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 25. 

Let's have a fun season! 

Signed

Ruxin The League GIF - Ruxin The League Suck It - Discover & Share GIFs

The Commish

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I have done FF in the past but I'm guessing it was just your basic stuff because I'm not sure I understand exactly how everything works for this league. 

I'm not sure what BN or IR (injured reserve?) is. How many rounds of the draft are there? Can I draft 5 WR's and just activate 4 that week or three QB's and activate just 2 (assuming I can only use 3 WR's if I do)? Is there a primer somewhere that explains all this? 

Thanks.

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I have done FF in the past but I'm guessing it was just your basic stuff because I'm not sure I understand exactly how everything works for this league. 

I'm not sure what BN or IR (injured reserve?) is. How many rounds of the draft are there? Can I draft 5 WR's and just activate 4 that week or three QB's and activate just 2 (assuming I can only use 3 WR's if I do)? Is there a primer somewhere that explains all this? 

Thanks.

If we get 12, and go with the roster structure I mentioned above, then there would be 15 rounds in the draft without any IR spots on the roster (9 starters including K and D, plus 6 bench spots). IR just lets you stash an injured player without having to subject them to waivers, lessening the impact of free agency throughout the season but making the overall league a bit easier. In an 8 man league it doesn't really make a big impact since everyone (should) have pretty stacked rosters. In a 12 man league though it's unnecessary and makes it less competitive (imo).

You can construct your roster however you wish, there's no limit to the number of players per position you can draft, but you're restricted in how many of each position you can start come game-day. You definitely need depth, because players get hurt, or don't perform up to expectations et al. With 5 bench spots you usually fill it with RBs and WRs, maybe another QB for bye week purposes. 

Your starting lineup each week would look like: 

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 FLEX (meaning, you can play any TE, WR, or RB in this spot)

1 K

1 Defense

And your overall roster would have 5 open spots on your bench which you can fill however you'd like. There's usually not room to have 2 kickers or defenses - unless you're a wild man. 

Does that help? 

• Like 1

I'll be at the Panthers preseason game but don't have a problem with the time... Unless I can get it moved

Since it'll be the only game I know I will get to this year I have to go. It's my stepsons first game - and we are front row just to the side of the bills bench.  I wasn't going to get the tickets ($170/per) until I saw I had $420 credits w/StubHub. 

My wife is considered full term tomorrow but due 9/17. So home opener is out of the picture.  Friend is making a shirt for us "future Bills fan on board."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, snafu said:

I’ll join if there’s still an opening.

Absolutely - the link in the OP should get you a spot, let me know if there’s an issue 🍻🍻

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

We have 11 teams as of this moment - ONE SPOT LEFT. Link is in the OP, first come first serve. Let me know if there are any issues. 

Also, since @Boyst will be at the game, I'm fine with doing the draft Saturday if the rest of the league is fine with it. Would 3pm EST / Noon PST work? Please let me know. 

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We have 11 teams as of this moment - ONE SPOT LEFT. Link is in the OP, first come first serve. Let me know if there are any issues. 

Also, since @Boyst will be at the game, I'm fine with doing the draft Saturday if the rest of the league is fine with it. Would 3pm EST / Noon PST work? Please let me know. 

I'm not sure about my availability but I assume auto draft is enabled?

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, bdutton said:

I'm not sure about my availability but I assume auto draft is enabled?

Yup, auto-draft is there if you need it. You can also pre-rank your list so the computer doesn't totally go off the reservation. 

But we aren't locked in, so we can move it if it gets everyone there. 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Have we decided about taking the QB out of the flex spot ?

I took it out for now - but am willing to take votes on it from the league. 

As of now the starting slots are: 

QB

RB RB

WR WR

TE

FLEX (WR/RB/TE)

K

D

+5 Bench slots

Open to any and all ideas on that and scoring changes. 

• Cheers 1