Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

22/23 Rochester Americans

Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin
10 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Anyone here use the AHLTV streaming service? I’m strongly considering signing up so I can watch the rest of the Amerks playoffs. 

I haven't used it this year but I have in the past.  It's always been ok.

21 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Anyone here use the AHLTV streaming service? I’m strongly considering signing up so I can watch the rest of the Amerks playoffs. 

Yes.  The TV feed is the scoreboard feed from whatever barn they're playing in.  It is decent quality but definitely NOT High Def.

You can choose the audio feed you want - home or away.

It's worth the $30 for the playoffs IMHO.  But, if you're in the Sabres normal broadcast region, MSG is showing the 1st 4 games of this series on the regular MSG (DTv 634) not the WNY MSG (DTv 635-1).  Don't know if the games will be available outside WNY, but they are getting shown on MSG.  1st game has the home (Hershey) audio feed.  They're actually doing a decent job for an AHL crew at not being pure homers.  But even on MSG, the video feed is definitely NOT High Def.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

There is no better sports experience than a home playoff hockey win (especially in OT).  It's amazing.

• FANtastic 2

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He will be reporting to Ra-cha-cha, but he isn't expected to play (not sure if that is just this round or at all should the Amerks move on) this post-season.  He hasn't been on the ice since Minny lost the NCAA Championship game.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He will be reporting to Ra-cha-cha, but he isn't expected to play (not sure if that is just this round or at all should the Amerks move on) this post-season.  He hasn't been on the ice since Minny lost the NCAA Championship game.

Thanks for the info.  I didn't really expect him to see the ice at this stage - I was pretty surprised when they activated Savoie.  I understand it's a developmental team but man, there's gotta be some hard feelings from the guys who've been there all year when one of their brothers is sat during the Conference Finals for a dude who hasn't taken a shift all year.

Business of hockey.  I get it but I don't always like it.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Thanks for the info.  I didn't really expect him to see the ice at this stage - I was pretty surprised when they activated Savoie.  I understand it's a developmental team but man, there's gotta be some hard feelings from the guys who've been there all year when one of their brothers is sat during the Conference Finals for a dude who hasn't taken a shift all year.

Business of hockey.  I get it but I don't always like it.

Yeah.  Would be interesting to hear the Amerks real thoughts on having Savoie added to the mix.  He was pretty invisible except for a couple of shifts Thursday night.  (Of course, he started the night at wing on the 4th line, so it wasn't exactly shocking that he wasn't running roughshod.)  Appert said he'll be on a different line tonight.  Doubt he ends up taking Weisbach's spot on the Rousek Kulich line (though he did have at least a shift there in the 3rd in game 2); will be interesting to see where he ends up and how he plays in the friendly confines of the War Memorial.

But, for the guys on the edge of the lineup, they know this stuff happens.  Happens at the trade deadline in the NHL every year (which actually benefits the tweener AHL/ECHL guys as the NHL rosters no longer have the 23 player limit and some tweeners get called up).  And the Amerks also added Metsa from the National Champs this post-season too.  He's actually been playing pretty well. 

When Weisbach and Biro (who's out for the rest of the playoffs IIRC) got injured, they called up a kid from Cincy (can't think of his name right now) who played very well down the stretch.  Like you said, business of hockey.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They ran him on that line a bit in the 3rd.  Mildly surprised they took Weissbach off that line.  It was working well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The building holds ~9k.  Realize that they don't draw good crowds on weeknights, but if they come anywhere close to a packed barn, that'll be less than 1/4 of the crowd getting the free swag.  That stinks.

But, as to the Amerks themselves, this should be a very good year for them.  Their D is stacked and they have at least 3 good lines, they're possibly 5 lines deep.  Plus they have 2 good AHL keepers.  Seth Appert has to be licking his chops over this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

With Stillman having cleared waivers, am less upset about Bryson staying in Buffalo as the 7.  (With his contract, there is absolutely no way he would've been claimed.)

• Cheers 2