Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Pro Bowl Voting 2023 [4 Bills starters, 12 alternates]

Ann

This has been waaaaay better than a normal Pro Bowl game. I have not been thrilled with the flag football, but the rest has been pretty darned good (even though Stefon Diggs lost best hands … dumb having his brother be his QB).

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

This has been waaaaay better than a normal Pro Bowl game. I have not been thrilled with the flag football, but the rest has been pretty darned good (even though Stefon Diggs lost best hands … dumb having his brother be his QB).

It sounded so lame I only saw a few seconds, but it was BIGS moving weights then tugging it to a line. It was oddly interesting but I was on my way to something else. I guess next year I should peek in to give it a shot. 

It actually reminded me of the terrible ESPN’ worlds strongest man shows my son used to watch so much! 😂 

Something about the Pro Bowl I've never been able to square away, particularly years ago when it was played after the SB.

Losing the SB or even in the playoffs would just make me miserable for a bit. I'm gotten better about it over time, but you don't just follow something for 20 weeks, have it end badly, and not be negatively affected by it.

So watching the players yucking it up at the Pro Bowl after losing in the playoffs is one of those things that just bugs me.

"I'm still grumpy, Diggs! How the hell can you have so much fun celebrating a fake TD?"

Really hated it during the Kelly years. I can barely eat, how the hell are you playing for fun?

Edited by IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Something about the Pro Bowl I've never been able to square away, particularly years ago when it was played after the SB.

Losing the SB or even in the playoffs would just make me miserable for a bit. I'm gotten better about it over time, but you don't just follow something for 20 weeks, have it end badly, and not be negatively affected by it.

So watching the players yucking it up at the Pro Bowl after losing in the playoffs is one of those things that just bugs me.

"I'm still grumpy, Diggs! How the hell can you have so much fun celebrating a fake TD?"

Really hated it during the Kelly years. I can barely eat, how the hell are you playing for fun?

Used to be that way too.  Was in a funk for a good month back in early '91 after XXV.

Could never watch the next round of the playoffs after the Sabres got eliminated.

But 17 years of oblivion overlapping w/ 11 (+?) years of oblivion have adjusted the reaction to losses from devastation to simple disappointment.  But the highs still seem as high.  (They probably aren't, but it's been so long, not sure about that.)

In some ways, wish the emotions were still that raw, but it can be really draining & just don't have the energy for it all.  So am good w/ being disappointed w/ the Cincy game rather than devastated.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 5 months later...