Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Best/Worst (funniest) Break-ups

Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino

Writer GIFs | Tenor

I'm shamelessly using your collective experiences for research yet again... this time for a romantic comedy. If anyone's willing to share, I'm searching for some good break-up stories -- preferably involving "the one who got away". 

Anyone have any gems they're willing to share? 

• Wow 1

Deranged Rhino
40 minutes ago, Ann said:

A romantic comedy for the one that got away? Isn’t that usually angst and lamenting? You must be an excellent writer!

:classic_laugh: Just trying to mix up the genre a bit. We'll see how it lands.

I'm really looking to twist the set up from Grosse Pointe Blank a little. In that, he stands up his true love on prom night then vanishes for 10 years. I'd like to figure out a college equivalent - the leads are either dating or want to date one another, but something happens that keeps them apart (or splits them up) right as college ends and they don't see one another for about a decade.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:classic_laugh: Just trying to mix up the genre a bit. We'll see how it lands.

I'm really looking to twist the set up from Grosse Pointe Blank a little. In that, he stands up his true love on prom night then vanishes for 10 years. I'd like to figure out a college equivalent - the leads are either dating or want to date one another, but something happens that keeps them apart (or splits them up) right as college ends and they don't see one another for about a decade.

Military academy? One gets assigned to Military Intelligence and has to go deep cover.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I got nothing.

I mean, I've got a story about a woman who I only knew online, who I wasn't dating, who thought we were dating (though we'd never met), who told me when I told her I went on a date, at which point she broke up with me (mind you, we weren't dating because we'd never met) with the line "If you were going to cheat on me, you could have the decency to wait until after we met."

But that's not really a break-up story, as much as a &#%$ing cray-cray loonie story.  But feel free to use the line.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Military academy? One gets assigned to Military Intelligence and has to go deep cover.

Prison?  Not exactly romantic comedy, but it would explain a long separation.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

She was leaving !  I didn't know how to process it.  I had just read the note that she had (conveniently) left.

I didn't know that she had always felt that way about me. I had to stop her.

Cars slammed on their brakes as I raced to the airport to stop her. If only I could get there in time !

Leaving my car in the front "No parking" zone, I ran up the steps and through the doors.

The loudspeaker called out the last call for boarding, and my heart fell into despair, but I kept onward.

I reached the security checkpoint. Passengers only from this point on.

IF I wanted to stop her I would have to purchase a thousand dollar ticket that I would never use.

Well, there are plenty of fish in the sea I said to myself. So I got back in my car and drove home.

I stopped for a few Ted's hotdogs on the way. . . . . yum

Seriously DR, I got nothing. No breakup stories from my past that would be helpful.  I tried to recall anything from my family or friends that might be useful to you, but all their breakups were horrible, painful things.  

Anyway,

Good luck with your Romantic Comedy.

😎

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2