Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

LG Smart TV + Spectrum remote..Will the Remote Work with the TV

Keukasmallie

I know there is a LG remote coming with the new TV and the remote is the key to all the "smart" aspects of the TV; but my wife could NEVER master a new remote, and she only cares about network tv programming...at least at this point.

So, will the remote work with the TV?

🤷‍♀️ But I am with your wife. When we got the new tv (sony) + the verizon + the roku I almost cried. There are five remotes sitting on the coffee table and I honestly have no idea what two of them do. If I could get it combined all into one, I'd be thrilled.

Truth be told, I'll probably mess with the "smart" aspects of the new TV for a bit, but eventually, I'll regress to watching same-old, same-old.  I'll probably do some simple stuff like watch YouTube videos, maybe an Amazon Prime movie, etc., but that's about it.

• Like 1

Our tv remote  turns on the Tv and controls the vol. our spectrum box remote changes the channels. 

not smart enough to figure out anything else. 

• Like 1

So the answer is Yes, the Spectrum remote will drive the LG smart tv.  The remote needs to be programmed to the new tv, and the procedure is outlined in the remote manual...yes, there is a detailed manual for the lowly remote.

• Like 1