Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Remote PC Access Program

Dante

So our business is kinda spread out between 3 different locations. We have the main office in town where the server for our order processing/accounting program resides. We also work partially out of our house. The third location is my brother the accountant 35 miles away. I'm looking something where we can access the pc in the office remotely from outside the office. Print orders, reports etc. I've use Team Viewer before and thats good but any I think you need to be accepted from the other side to access. 

Free is good but not necessary. Thanks for any ideas in advance!

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

RealVNC, Windows Remote Desktop, TightVNC.  There's others out there.  Google "vnc."    Depends on your needs.

If you're using Windows PCs, I'd recommend Remote Desktop for ease of use - I use that a lot.  RealVNC is more powerful - I've used it, but as a single user never really had the need for that many bells and whistles.

Centralize as much as you can into "The Cloud".  Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle, or whoever.  Connect to the cloud and use their remote access features

Or

Setup a VPN at your main office. 

Encrypt everything

DO NOT open up Remote Desktop or VNC over the Internet.  You WILL get hacked