Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Thank you for this board

SquirminThurman

Cant load the suckup gif on my cellular device so I reserve this spot for later tonight after I arrive at home.

Edit, 6.5 hour drive is done and I am home. 

Suck Up GIF - The Office Suck Up GIFs

Edited by Fansince88
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 6

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Ann and all the others involved for this board.

I know it isn't the highest volume Bills board, but at least we can speak freely here.

I really got tired of being put into time outs over nonsense ATOP.

A lot of good posters ATOP have been banned or drifted off (YoloinOhio etc). We all know why.

We see a lot of folks pop into here from time to time.

I think this will end up being a really popular place to speak our minds about our favorite team sooner than later.

At some point, being banned over a meme, a joke or simply a different point of view gets tiresome.

We also don't have 200+ pages about signing the broken up and overpriced Deandre Hopkins,

or why Jack Campbell is a future HOF here either.

We all check each other here to a degree.

Even if I disagree with someone here we chat it out and have a discourse like adults.

Thanks again for an alternative. This is currently the 'Rumble' of Bills chat.

Nothing wrong with that. I appreciate it.

You're an idiot.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 6
  • Cheers 1

“Thank you for this Board,” said the carpenter to the lumberyard manager. 

“Well, it’s up to you now to make something worthwhile out of it,” came the reply. “Don’t turn it into an outhouse like some others have that we know of.”

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 2

On 4/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, SquirminThurman said:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Ann and all the others involved for this board.

I know it isn't the highest volume Bills board, but at least we can speak freely here.

I really got tired of being put into time outs over nonsense ATOP.

A lot of good posters ATOP have been banned or drifted off (YoloinOhio etc). We all know why.

We see a lot of folks pop into here from time to time.

I think this will end up being a really popular place to speak our minds about our favorite team sooner than later.

At some point, being banned over a meme, a joke or simply a different point of view gets tiresome.

We also don't have 200+ pages about signing the broken up and overpriced Deandre Hopkins,

or why Jack Campbell is a future HOF here either.

We all check each other here to a degree.

Even if I disagree with someone here we chat it out and have a discourse like adults.

Thanks again for an alternative. This is currently the 'Rumble' of Bills chat.

Nothing wrong with that. I appreciate it.

We're happy to have you call us your home board.

Yes, we are not the highest volume board out there but we are home to some great Bills Fans! Most of us know one another from ATOP, where, we were somewhat ahead of you in becoming tiresome of the antics there.

I don't know what the future holds for the board but we like to think you can all act like, and be treated as, adults. We only step in when things seem to have become untenable. And those actions, I can count on one hand in the 2+ years of our existence. I can also say that we have not had to give anyone a "timeout", I don't think anyone on the administrative staff is on a power trip, or a censorship nazi.

Of course, there is nothing harder than trying to herd a bunch of cats. Often the best course of action is to stay out of their way. The nice thing about this board, and what makes our job as staff rather easy, is that it is as you say, self correcting.

Like  @Ann said, this place is nothing without y'all. And as @Nanker so eloquently put it, it will become what you make it (we will try to steer it ever so slightly if need be), so take care of it.

As for the @idiot @Crap Throwing Clavin, he is our official welcome wagon, it's his way of welcoming you (it could mean other things but you have to consider the context).

Go Bills!

:whitebillsflag:

:beer:

• Like 5
  • Cheers 4

22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You're an idiot.

26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

As for the @idiot @Crap Throwing Clavin, he is our official welcome wagon, it's his way of welcoming you (it could mean other things but you have to consider the context).

an "you're an idiot" from @Crap Throwing Clavin (also referred to by former name DC Tom) is this boards way of saying

eS5naWY.gif

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 4

52 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Quantity has never equaled quality.  This place is awesome.

In fact, quantity is what helps wreck places like ATOP, expecially if you don't have mods who are purposeful about merging repetitive content because they're too busy trying to play the ideological role. They're too busy trying to find something that offends them to focus on a quality user experience.

The problem is that everything offends them.

Glad you dig the board.

• Cheers 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Go Bills!

:whitebillsflag:

:beer:

C'mon, son...he's already referenced ATOP, so he knows me.  He's an idiot, but he's not an idiot, if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's an idiot, but he's not an idiot, if you know what I mean.

Always comes back to Shcrodingers Cat

23 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Also, I liked Yolo's posts ATOP

About the time I had enough and let it be known what a shithole it became

Yolo wasn’t even the top poster any longer. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

21 minutes ago, Shady said:

About the time I had enough and let it be known what a shithole it became

Yolo wasn’t even the top poster any longer. 

Is he still over there? 

9 hours ago, idiot said:

:hello2:

Now Im confused @Crap Throwing Clavin

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

To piggyback off of what @Foxx & @Ann have already said, a board is only as good as the community it supports.

The community here is phenomenal.

The quality of poster dictates the level of moderator involvement. I think I can speak for our entire team when I say that we want to be lazy moderators! I don’t *want* to work!

I’m extremely grateful that you folks have made that level of laziness possible.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

On 4/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, Fansince88 said:

Is he still over there? 

Now Im confused @Crap Throwing Clavin

SDS blocked my phone but I can access the site via computer 

I haven’t been back since.  

lots of pretenders who claim friendship and mock you when away.  

Edited by Shady
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Shady said:

SDS blocked my phone but I can access the site via computer 

I haven’t been back since.  

lots going of pretenders claim friendship and Mack you when away.  

About 2 years ago around draft I stopped in aaafter this page was created. Swung by the shoutbox to say hello and got bombasted by the swell there. That was enough for me. As far as I know I am a "member" still. Thats behind me. Happy to be a bf.cmer.

• Like 2