Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Draft (because why not?)

Deranged Rhino

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Jewish men (reform and above) must cover their head when saying "Adonai," which means, literally, "My Lord" in Hebrew. No offense to the kid, but hard pass. Sundays are ours🤷‍♂️

Alaska Darin
20 minutes ago, Ann said:

Interesting. Everything I have read is this isn't a Centers draft, but it looks like they are gems to be had:

While I don't see this necessarily being the direction the BILLS go, there's at least a decent "cap hit" argument to be had.

Morse counts $11.4M for next season (same as he did this year) with a dead cap number of $3M (which could be reduced to $1.5 over each of the next 2 seasons. 

Pick 28 is about $2.5M, so picking a Center here and jettisoning Morse means the BILLS pick up almost $6M (or $7.4M) in cap room.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

One of the mocks I read today had us taking Troy Franklin, WR from Oregon. (Yes, please)

40:  4.35

Height:  6'3"

Weight:  190

"Right down the chimney!" 

I've never heard that phrase before.:classic_laugh:

Alaska Darin

I agree with MH.  I think Williams has bust written all over him.  He played in the worst Power 5 conference, where literally no one plays defense.  Notre Dame plays an NFL-style defense and exposed Williams for the imposter that he is.

• Like 2

Bears would need historic compensation to trade No. 1 overall pick in 2024 NFL Draft

</snip>

Chicago would need a historic haul of draft picks and overall compensation to move off the first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, sources say. In the words of one source, it would have to be "crazy."

That indicates the Bears, who received the pick in a mammoth trade last offseason with the Panthers, are more likely than not to make the pick and land their new franchise QB.

</snip>

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with MH.  I think Williams has bust written all over him.  He played in the worst Power 5 conference, where literally no one plays defense.  Notre Dame plays an NFL-style defense and exposed Williams for the imposter that he is.

Apparently, these are some of his misses:

11.jpg.4efde2ec0bdd5b97948bab6f3ba770c6.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:05 AM, Ann said:

Interesting. Everything I have read is this isn't a Centers draft, but it looks like they are gems to be had:

In a brief conversation about receivers actually, with Kindig over on X I asked him who the top "process" guy would be available at our pick. Without hesitation he told me Graham Barton out of Duke who on ESPN is the top rated Center who can also play guard and tackle

image.png.9dc2f844ff410ea5ad62efe6710d0886.png

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

In a brief conversation about receivers actually, with Kindig over on X I asked him who the top "process" guy would be available at our pick. Without hesitation he told me Graham Barton out of Duke who on ESPN is the top rated Center who can also play guard and tackle

image.png.9dc2f844ff410ea5ad62efe6710d0886.png

I've felt for a while now that if the grade warrants it that we may choose a center in Rd 1 or Rd 2.  Given our needs and IF the ranking holds in terms of draft position we may have to give up more than what Beane wants to do to move up to 37.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1