Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP Cormac McCarthy

Deranged Rhino

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A giant in the literary world. 

I hate to show my ignorance but, I dont think I've ever heard of the guy.  What has he written that I might have heard of?

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Foxx said:

I hate to show my ignorance but, I dont think I've never heard of the guy.  What has he written that I might have heard of?

He wrote the book No Country For for Old Men was based on, and had a few others turned into films (The Road, All the Pretty Horses).  But his most known is probably Blood Meridian. His stuff is usually western or post-apocalypse, very dense, violent, and dark - but crazy good. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He wrote the book No Country For for Old Men was based on, and had a few others turned into films (The Road, All the Pretty Horses).  But his most known is probably Blood Meridian. His stuff is usually western or post-apocalypse, very dense, violent, and dark - but crazy good. 

I liked the movie version of No Country For Old Men. One of those that I will watch again and again no matter how many times I've seen it (I always see something new).

The Road and All the Pretty Horses were okay, never even heard of Blood Meridian though (will have to look for it).

Thanks!

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Every time someone dies these days, my first thought is "And Keith Richards is still alive..."

This scene jumped immediately to mind: 

• Like 1