Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP Paul Reubens

Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino
20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Underappreciated as the vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Still one of the best on-screen deaths imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Still one of the best on-screen deaths imo.

If that scene is any indicator, it'll be about another week and a half before he's finally down for good.

May he RIP.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Really talented and funny guy.  You jerk off just once in public...lol

That just added to his notoriety.

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

RIP

Such a talented guy -- shame he was blackballed for so long.

If he could have stayed blue balled longer he wouldn't have gotten blackballed.

• Haha 3

Watched Big Adventure last week with a few friends and lots of kids. We all died laughing again and all the kids loved it. Im sure some of that was nostalgia for the grownups but in general we found the movie holds up amazingly well. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

RochesterRob

Too bad Star Trek TNG already did Data's brother as I envisioned Reubens being a great match to Brent Spiner in terms of improvisation skills.  

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
On 8/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, RkFast said:

Watched Big Adventure last week with a few friends and lots of kids. We all died laughing again and all the kids loved it. Im sure some of that was nostalgia for the grownups but in general we found the movie holds up amazingly well. 

:beer: 

I watched it over the weekend too, and agree it holds up well. I hadn't seen it in years but one thing that jumped out at me was how many references to Hell, Satan, the Devil etc there are in that flick (Satan's Helpers, the dream sequence, the music video, plus a half dozen more).

I mean, I know it's Tim Burton but that was something I either never noticed or completely blocked out from when I was a kid. Then again, 80s kids were just built different. :classic_laugh:  

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

I watched it over the weekend too, and agree it holds up well. I hadn't seen it in years but one thing that jumped out at me was how many references to Hell, Satan, the Devil etc there are in that flick (Satan's Helpers, the dream sequence, the music video, plus a half dozen more).

I mean, I know it's Tim Burton but that was something I either never noticed or completely blocked out from when I was a kid. Then again, 80s kids were just built different. :classic_laugh:  

We were all so desensitized to Satanic references from listening to Twisted Sister while playing Dungeons and Dragons that we became inured to it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...