Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Jaguars (London) - Week #5

BillsFans

The Guy In Pants
1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

This what makes me so perplexed draft a tight end in the first round that can catch but not utilize him. Him and Knox were not utilize much yesterday. In my opinion if you can’t run then try to get the short or intermediate passes to compensate. The name of game is move the chains get first downs and score. Again just my opinion 

Yup.

Also, Seems to be a thing for people to claim Diggs beef is with Josh Allen, right? Insert a little drama, QB versus WR. That’s easy. But; let’s just say there is some drama, what if the display of emotion is less about Diggs and Allen’s relationship and more about disapproval of Ken Dorsey’s play calling?

Of course neither of them would say it out loud. But Allen and Diggs were not happy yesterday. 

I can’t be the only one looking at Dorsey like this. There’s no adjustment when things aren’t working. I think saddling Allen and saying “you live in this bubble” was right because we don’t want him hurt but wrong because that’s who he is. Sure; don’t run like a fullback but for goodness sake; scramble when it’s there. Pretty soon; once Josh bites off consecutive scrambles of big yardage; someone is going to have to compensate for that and then you open up the pass game. At least; that’s the way football has always kind of proven.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 1

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Well, at least we know why the Bills waited until Thursday to travel to London now.

all part of the experiment...

The amount of complaining about the schedule is really getting out of hand.  The bills are hands down a better football team than the jaguars and they showed up flat on offense.  It’s not the first time this season and it’s deeply concerning.

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The amount of complaining about the schedule is really getting out of hand.  The bills are hands down a better football team than the jaguars and they showed up flat on offense.  It’s not the first time this season and it’s deeply concerning.

Sorry I have to agree with others on this. Having the Jags play back to back in London was a disservice to the 2nd team they played whomever it was going to be.
Other than that you play the team on your schedule. And the Bills recent success has only given them a tougher schedule.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Yup.

Also, Seems to be a thing for people to claim Diggs beef is with Josh Allen, right? Insert a little drama, QB versus WR. That’s easy. But; let’s just say there is some drama, what if the display of emotion is less about Diggs and Allen’s relationship and more about disapproval of Ken Dorsey’s play calling?

Of course neither of them would say it out loud. But Allen and Diggs were not happy yesterday. 

I can’t be the only one looking at Dorsey like this. There’s no adjustment when things aren’t working. I think saddling Allen and saying “you live in this bubble” was right because we don’t want him hurt but wrong because that’s who he is. Sure; don’t run like a fullback but for goodness sake; scramble when it’s there. Pretty soon; once Josh bites off consecutive scrambles of big yardage; someone is going to have to compensate for that and then you open up the pass game. At least; that’s the way football has always kind of proven.

Interesting. Just my opinion after watching diggs smash the tablet I am now under impression after the training camp and now smashing tablet it is my belief emphasize just my belief could be wrong I don’t think diggs has beef with Allen. I think the issue resides with Ken dorsey. It is true the execution of play calling by players counts. Players need to execute but there also been head scratching play calling that did not nor does make sense from time to time. It is time now for McDermott to really circle the wagon and get hold of this team before it is too late.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

If you want to experiment with something like that, how about using the preseason for those sorts of shenanigans?  There's a reason you set up the phony baloney games in the 1st place, right?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Sorry I have to agree with others on this. Having the Jags play back to back in London was a disservice to the 2nd team they played whomever it was going to be.
Other than that you play the team on your schedule. And the Bills recent success has only given them a tougher schedule.

I was quite unhappy about the Jags getting the edge before Sunday's game.  

• Like 5

The Guy In Pants

Profits > Players

I think the London game is stupid. Bring back the European League and let the champion of that play the champion of the NFL and call it done. It was unfair for the team who hadn’t been there two weeks, whoever that would have been, however slight anyone thinks it is.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Dante said:

I feel player health and product quality is a low priority for the NFL. If they really cared there would be no Thursday games

And the NFLPA.

It boggles my mind that the NFLPA doesn't stress player health (and league discipline) in CBA negotiations.  It's mostly just money and team participation with them.  

The NFLPA really is a shit union.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, Ann said:

He had a rough game

Scout team to major playing time in one week.  I'm not surprised.

(And I think he's a first round bust.  But this week...couldn't expect much more, honestly).

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And the NFLPA.

It boggles my mind that the NFLPA doesn't stress player health (and league discipline) in CBA negotiations.  It's mostly just money and team participation with them.  

Yeah, it really is amazing how bad the NFLPA is at this stuff.

But none of the pro sports unions seem to be particularly good at player safety issues.  (Some of the others are reasonalbe at other player health issues.)  They all come across as clueless regarding player safety.  (Don't follow the NBA; if Buffalo isn't good enough for them, well #### those guys.  So, if people say they are good at player safety will believe them.)

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants
1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

Interesting. Just my opinion after watching diggs smash the tablet I am now under impression after the training camp and now smashing tablet it is my belief emphasize just my belief could be wrong I don’t think diggs has beef with Allen. I think the issue resides with Ken dorsey. It is true the execution of play calling by players counts. Players need to execute but there also been head scratching play calling that did not nor does make sense from time to time. It is time now for McDermott to really circle the wagon and get hold of this team before it is too late.

Being frustrated because you aren’t getting the ball is on a different level than being frustrated because your offense isn’t producing. I think it’s just a matter of a few more games they should have won on offense and a defense that’s gassed for someone to let it slip.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And the NFLPA.

Interesting that the Bills are putting real grass in the new stadium.  Seems that players universally prefer it.  Might help them attract free agents if the players union doesn't ask for grass outdoors in the next CBA.  

• Like 3