Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Jaguars (London) - Week #5

BillsFans

James cook 5 carries -4 yds -0.8 avg. this does not pass the mustard for starting running back. Sure they are several reasons contributing to this. But look at entire picture not acceptable imo. Need to find a way to restart the running game like the earlier games.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1

You Dirty Rat
18 hours ago, Ann said:

The loss is not the worst thing to happen today. The injuries on defense ... simply horrible.

Guess that concrete turf is NOT A GOOD IDEA?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10092634-bills-player-calls-tottenham-stadium-turf-f--king-cement-after-loss-vs-jaguars

Edited by You Dirty Rat
  • Sad 4

With all the injuries on defense. In my mind wondering what to expect going forward. It looks like depth on d-line. Not much depth at line backer. Pray poyer and Hyde stay healthy 17 games. Hope benford comes back soon. Then secondary might be able to make it through. After looking at the rest of AFC games margin of error has narrowed. We will now see what this team can do to overcome this adversity next several games.

• Cheers 3

Travis Etienne Jr.: Acclimation to London played “huge part” in Jaguars win

For the first time ever, an NFL team played two games on two Sundays in London. After the game, one of the key contributors to Jacksonville’s upset win over the Bills pointed to the acclimation as a big factor in the victory.

“I felt like it really created a great edge for us,” running back Travis Etienne Jr. told PFT by phone from London, just before the Jaguars were preparing to go wheels up to America. “Just knowing how I felt [last Sunday] in the Falcons game, the first game that we had out here and having the whole week out here, just being able to get our bodies adjusted and not having to have that jet lag on us throughout the game. I feel like it played a huge part.”

</snip>

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
16 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Did. Said the same thing about Dorsey then too. Said the same thing about him mid way through last year. He will do just enough to be good enough to hang around and that is his ceiling. Stark differences between the mind in Philly and the mind in Buffalo

You're going to stand there and talk about the creativity of the 27th ranked offense in the NFL (Bengals) who've ranked behind the BILLS in almost every significant statistical category for both seasons Dorsey has been the coordinator?  The BILLS were second in the NFL in points last year and are currently third.  The Bengals were 7th in 2022 and currently 27th. 

The Bengals have 83 points this season, with almost half of them coming yesterday against one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL.  They've been held to 3 points TWICE THIS SEASON.  That's with a loaded skill position room that's going to look much different once Burrow's contract kicks in.  Maybe if they were creative their QB wouldn't miss time or play hampered by injury so often.  The Eagles and BILLS have almost identical offensive numbers over the past 2 seasons.

This is just another "familiarity breeds contempt" thing.  The Eagles/Bengals aren't doing anything different or significantly better than the BILLS are on the offensive side of the football.  I hate when the BILLS lose a close game because it's always the same &#%$ing thing "Our OC sucks."  Been the same shit for almost 30 years, including Daboll who is arguably the best offensive mind in today's NFL that's not named Andy Reid. 

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

James cook 5 carries -4 yds -0.8 avg. this does not pass the mustard for starting running back. Sure they are several reasons contributing to this. But look at entire picture not acceptable imo. Need to find a way to restart the running game like the earlier games.

Jags took Cook out of the game yesterday.   Dorsey apparently didn't come to this conclusion by halftime like some of us.  Harris and Murray would have been better choices yesterday given the defense, and the Bills could have really used some 4 yard runs to keep them out of a bunch of 3rd and longs.  

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

The Guy In Pants
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

You're going to stand there and talk about the creativity of the 27th ranked offense in the NFL (Bengals) who've ranked behind the BILLS in almost every significant statistical category for both seasons Dorsey has been the coordinator?  The BILLS were second in the NFL in points last year and are currently third.  The Bengals were 7th in 2022 and currently 27th. 

The Bengals have 83 points this season, with almost half of them coming yesterday against one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL.  They've been held to 3 points TWICE THIS SEASON.  That's with a loaded skill position room that's going to look much different once Burrow's contract kicks in.  Maybe if they were creative their QB wouldn't miss time or play hampered by injury so often.  The Eagles and BILLS have almost identical offensive numbers over the past 2 seasons.

This is just another "familiarity breeds contempt" thing.  The Eagles/Bengals aren't doing anything different or significantly better than the BILLS are on the offensive side of the football.  I hate when the BILLS lose a close game because it's always the same &#%$ing thing "Our OC sucks."  Been the same shit for almost 30 years, including Daboll who is arguably the best offensive mind in today's NFL that's not named Andy Reid. 

Not quite. I am simply saying that Ken Dorsey is not using these players in the manner other OC's probably would and that is why the offense is struggling in situations it otherwise shouldn't. 

That's it. Our offense is better than the product they are putting on the field and that starts with Ken Dorsey. He either figures it out or he doesn't. That's what I am saying. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Okay Commish, here's an experiment for you.  Turn on a lamp, unscrew the light bulb, lick your finger, and let it in the Socket

An experiment, yeah dafuq you think was gonna happen

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, devnull said:

Okay Commish, here's an experiment for you.  Turn on a lamp, unscrew the light bulb, lick your finger, and let it in the Socket

An experiment, yeah dafuq you think was gonna happen

It is incredible that they think this way, and even more unbelievable he'd say it out loud.

• Cheers 2

I know the nfl craves money and wants to expand internationally but let’s get real in imo that don’t care about American football they care whole a lot about European football = soccer. That is why I personally hate the London game. But if they force teams to play overseas how about nfl ensure field are favorable for the athletes to play on. It was crazy to see how many bills went down. Wish all field played on were played on grass. Me personally would forfeit the overseas game and use it as second bye of the season to keep my players healthy. Seeing Milano go down like that broke my heart. Then watching Floyd warrior it out on the ankle. Not worth it in my opinion.

• Cheers 3

55 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Not quite. I am simply saying that Ken Dorsey is not using these players in the manner other OC's probably would and that is why the offense is struggling in situations it otherwise shouldn't. 

That's it. Our offense is better than the product they are putting on the field and that starts with Ken Dorsey. He either figures it out or he doesn't. That's what I am saying. 

This what makes me so perplexed draft a tight end in the first round that can catch but not utilize him. Him and Knox were not utilize much yesterday. In my opinion if you can’t run then try to get the short or intermediate passes to compensate. The name of game is move the chains get first downs and score. Again just my opinion 

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

I know the nfl craves money and wants to expand internationally but let’s get real in imo that don’t care about American football they care whole a lot about European football = soccer. That is why I personally hate the London game. But if they force teams to play overseas how about nfl ensure field are favorable for the athletes to play on. It was crazy to see how many bills went down. Wish all field played on were played on grass. Me personally would forfeit the overseas game and use it as second bye of the season to keep my players healthy. Seeing Milano go down like that broke my heart. Then watching Floyd warrior it out on the ankle. Not worth it in my opinion.

I feel player health and product quality is a low priority for the NFL. If they really cared there would be no Thursday games

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Cheers 1