Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

People do not know where food comes from and why prices are higher....

SquirminThurman

SquirminThurman

So after the 'Great Reset' and The New Normal' kicked in I found myself being a merchandiser for a very large food product corporation. Seems a bit off with an MBA, and my prior position as a Senior Programmer/Analyst at a university that preaches 'inclusion and diversity'. Apparently if you stand up for bodily autonomy in some states like NY, you get punished and get knocked out of white collar jobs. Despite applying to dozens of jobs in my field there was no 'inclusion or diversity' to be found.

Really odd since I kept hearing about a 'labor shortage.'

So it is, 'the new normal'. I have limited expenses and can manage money. I survived two years without a regular paycheck. Even at 1/2 of my prior pay (1/3 of what I made outside of NY), I can pay my bills, save and invest. Laugh if you want to, but you are next if things continue down this path. The second wave is being primed right now. I just took my beating early, and will continue to refuse to bend my knee to authoritarian nonsense.

I digress. My route includes some stores in pretty rough neighborhoods. I was replenishing a Wal-Mart in a rough location last week. As usual I heard people complaining about the cost of food. 'Why is food so expensive?' a woman asked me, like I was raking in big bucks stocking shelves. I had enough.

'Do you really want to know why?' I asked her in a crowded aisle.

'I'll tell you why.'

She knew an answer was coming from an angry white dude who had enough.

'We the people have voted in people who hate gasoline and diesel.'

'It's an idiot tax, because farms run on gasoline and diesel.'

'It takes tractors, harvesters and combines to make the food you eat.'

'Everything you eat is generated from products made by gasoline and diesel.'

'All corn, wheat, potatoes come from farms running these machines.'

'What has happened to gasoline and diesel prices over the past 2 years?'

'They have doubled and tripled.'

I was done ranting. She looked shocked.

Stunned silence. The whole aisle of 6 or so shoppers went into an awkward silence and stood still.

Their faces looked like they had all been struck by lightning.

An older man of color spoke up.

'He is right.' he said, much to my relief.

'Listen to this man' I said, having no idea what he would say next.

He continued:

'My son owns and runs a small fleet of trucks.'

'His costs on fuel alone have doubled.'

'His labor costs have doubled.'

'That means his rates to deliver the food you eat have doubled.'

More stunned silence. No one had a rebuttal. Not one.

The aisle thinned out.

The man who spoke up, another older man of color and myself were left in the aisle.

'Thank you for speaking up.' I said

The three of us had quite a conversation for the next 5-10 minutes.

Come to find out some people are seeing the BS for what it is regardless of color.

'But will you vote different next time?' I asked them.

'Son, I've been voting different for a while' the man who has a son with a fleet of trucks said.

'I'm voting different this time.' the other man said.

They departed and I continued on with my work.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Cheers 4
  • FANtastic 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Laugh if you want to, but you are next if things continue down this path. The second wave is being primed right now. I just took my beating early, and will continue to refuse to bend my knee to authoritarian nonsense.

Not laughing, I know I'm next.  I'm slightly behind on my goal of being retired and a full-time day trader by the end of next year...but only slightly.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Beer__League__Hockey
10 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

So after the 'Great Reset' and The New Normal' kicked in I found myself being a merchandiser for a very large food product corporation. Seems a bit off with an MBA, and my prior position as a Senior Programmer/Analyst at a university that preaches 'inclusion and diversity'. Apparently if you stand up for bodily autonomy in some states like NY, you get punished and get knocked out of white collar jobs. Despite applying to dozens of jobs in my field there was no 'inclusion or diversity' to be found.

So it is, 'the new normal'. I have limited expenses and can manage money. I survived two years without a regular paycheck. Even at 1/2 of my prior pay (1/3 of what I made outside of NY), I can pay my bills, save and invest. Laugh if you want to, but you are next if things continue down this path. The second wave is being primed right now. I just took my beating early, and will continue to refuse to bend my knee to authoritarian nonsense.

I digress. My route includes some stores in pretty rough neighborhoods. I was replenishing a Wal-Mart in a rough location last week. As usual I heard people complaining about the cost of food. 'Why is food so expensive?' a woman asked me, like I was raking in big bucks stocking shelves. I had enough.

'I'll tell you why.'

Stunned silence. The whole aisle of 6 or so shoppers went into an awkward silence and stood still.

He continued:

The aisle thinned out.

The man who spoke up, another older man of color and myself were left in the aisle.

Come to find out some people are seeing the BS for what it is regardless of color.

'Son, I've been voting different for a while' the man who has a son with a fleet of trucks said.

That's great and all, but when there is an extreme CLIMATE CRISIS, you have to fight it with extreme measures.  Remember the Alamo cow farts!  There is an army of young adults that believe this, and are ready to throw society into the volcano that is CLIMATE ARMAGEDDON.  Little do they know it's all a sham to a) get their vote, b) get their money, and c) give up their autonomy.  But when public schools drill this into kids for 20+ years, this is what you get. 

Unintended consequences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

The Guy In Pants
11 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

'I'll tell you why.'

He continued:

The aisle thinned out.

I think most Americans are too naïve when it comes to actual issues facing this country and that is solely because of the what and how things are reported from the media and the federal government. Couple that with the education system forgoing important topics for social ones and we deserve everything we've been dealt to date. 

We've been fighting a large group of developers recently. Just had another meeting on Tuesday night for the county and we lost yet again. There was a debate that ensued and one gentleman clearly not from this state was surprised that anyone here would want to tell the owner of a property what they can and can't do with it. In this case it was a developer wanting to put 2 houses per acre on land he purchased. A local farming family had an offer in to buy the property and this developer swooped in and offered an obscene amount of money to pull it away from the farm. This developer sits on the state board as a republican for rural infrastructure. Same one we just lost to in our little town. His company created a fake website in 2021 and uses it to print and distribute misleading mailers to counter citizens in order to push his desire to develop. Someone blew the lid off that Tuesday night. Just crazy that it's legal. 

Anyway; so the debate took a turn to farming and how the grain from here makes its way all the way to Minnesota and is used to make many of the boxes of cereal that is distributed in the US. It was stated that farms were not only necessary but better for the county that subdivisions, parks and businesses relocating here. I was astounded at the sheer lack of mental capacity of these people and even the commissioners to understand the importance of farms.

The sheer amount of red tape I am working through to even get established as a small local farm in our community is a joke. Meanwhile; this developer is able to do whatever the &#%$ he wants. Money. He turns well over a million dollar profit each time he partners with a builder for parcels. We've been tracking him on the county GIS map. His acquisitions are astounding. Nobody likes this son of a bitch. 

You are absolutely right. This fake war on fossil fuels is going to accomplish exactly what those people in charge have admitted they are working toward. Anyone who doesn't believe its on purpose and coordinated are kidding themselves. One day this will finally reach the peak of its designed purpose and many people will pay the price of their naivety. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I think most Americans are too naïve when it comes to actual issues facing this country and that is solely because of the what and how things are reported from the media and the federal government. Couple that with the education system forgoing important topics for social ones and we deserve everything we've been dealt to date. 

We've been fighting a large group of developers recently. Just had another meeting on Tuesday night for the county and we lost yet again. There was a debate that ensued and one gentleman clearly not from this state was surprised that anyone here would want to tell the owner of a property what they can and can't do with it. In this case it was a developer wanting to put 2 houses per acre on land he purchased. A local farming family had an offer in to buy the property and this developer swooped in and offered an obscene amount of money to pull it away from the farm. This developer sits on the state board as a republican for rural infrastructure. Same one we just lost to in our little town. His company created a fake website in 2021 and uses it to print and distribute misleading mailers to counter citizens in order to push his desire to develop. Someone blew the lid off that Tuesday night. Just crazy that it's legal. 

Anyway; so the debate took a turn to farming and how the grain from here makes its way all the way to Minnesota and is used to make many of the boxes of cereal that is distributed in the US. It was stated that farms were not only necessary but better for the county that subdivisions, parks and businesses relocating here. I was astounded at the sheer lack of mental capacity of these people and even the commissioners to understand the importance of farms.

The sheer amount of red tape I am working through to even get established as a small local farm in our community is a joke. Meanwhile; this developer is able to do whatever the &#%$ he wants. Money. He turns well over a million dollar profit each time he partners with a builder for parcels. We've been tracking him on the county GIS map. His acquisitions are astounding. Nobody likes this son of a bitch. 

You are absolutely right. This fake war on fossil fuels is going to accomplish exactly what those people in charge have admitted they are working toward. Anyone who doesn't believe its on purpose and coordinated are kidding themselves. One day this will finally reach the peak of its designed purpose and many people will pay the price of their naivety. 

I see both sides of this issue... it is my land, and I should be able to do what I want with it. On the other hand, when what you (generic you) do with your land impacts me (generic me), I should have a say.

It is astounding that people do not know (or care) how essential farms are to us. They see developer dollar signs, and that's that.

On the other hand, it is my land, and I should be able to do what I want with it.

Definitely a quandary.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

I see both sides of this issue... it is my land, and I should be able to do what I want with it. On the other hand, when what you (generic you) do with your land impacts me (generic me), I should have a say.

It is astounding that people do not know (or care) how essential farms are to us. They see developer dollar signs, and that's that.

On the other hand, it is my land, and I should be able to do what I want with it.

Definitely a quandary.

People genuinely think that groceries magically appear.  They don't understand logistics or supply chains, even after the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020.  

And the only farms they care about are the industrialized mega-farms...even as they decry them.  

Have I mentioned people are idiots?

• Cheers 3

Reminds me of a clip I heard before, can't find it now to share. But a woman was arguing about getting rid of cows because they contribute to global warming. Then ask, what do we need them for anyway since there's nothing wrong with the meat the grocery store makes 

:hysterical:

• Haha 3

The Guy In Pants
8 hours ago, Cinga said:

Reminds me of a clip I heard before, can't find it now to share. But a woman was arguing about getting rid of cows because they contribute to global warming. Then ask, what do we need them for anyway since there's nothing wrong with the meat the grocery store makes 

:hysterical:

Not only do they vote; many of them reproduce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Not only do they vote; many of them reproduce. 

Consume and reproduce.  And when there is nothing left to consume, they move onto a new area.  Where they consume and reproduce

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Consume and reproduce.  And when there is nothing left to consume, they move onto a new area.  Where they consume and reproduce

You just described a herd of sheep.....

Oh wait, gotcha! 

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Guy In Pants
9 hours ago, devnull said:

I’m reading the stories about the migrants in NYC and wondering how long before it’s consumed and all of the people from NYC you don’t want in your town start moving in

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I’m reading the stories about the migrants in NYC and wondering how long before it’s consumed and all of the people from NYC you don’t want in your town start moving in

Hochul has already started shipping them to Western NY...

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Cinga said:

You just described a herd of sheep.....

Oh wait, gotcha! 

Except sheep are so dumb, they will regularly kill themselves accidentally without close supervision and protection...

Y'know.  Like progressives.

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Im sorry to hear that. That’s not good

• Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
19 hours ago, Foxx said:

What do the mayors of Buffalo and Rochester think about this? 

20 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

What do the mayors of Buffalo and Rochester think about this? 

Not real sure as I haven't been keeping up on it, but I think Buffalo has filed an injunction, while Rochester is okay with it for now.

• Like 1

What did they do with all the sanctuary city money they pocketed in the years they weren't getting illegals?

Mayor Eric Adams demanded Saturday that all New York City agencies implement 5% cuts in response to the ever-rocketing costs of the migrant crisis.

“Since the large influx of asylum seekers to our city began last spring, we have warned New Yorkers that every city service could be impacted by this crisis if we did not get the support we needed,” Adams said in a statement.

“Coupling the costs of a national crisis that has fallen onto New York City with COVID funding that is running out and reduced revenue growth, our city’s financial future may be at risk if we do not act.

He added his administration will seek to minimize program disruption to programs and there will not be layoffs.

</snip>

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, Ann said:

What did they do with all the sanctuary city money they pocketed in the years they weren't getting illegals?

Mayor Eric Adams demanded Saturday that all New York City agencies implement 5% cuts in response to the ever-rocketing costs of the migrant crisis.

“Since the large influx of asylum seekers to our city began last spring, we have warned New Yorkers that every city service could be impacted by this crisis if we did not get the support we needed,” Adams said in a statement.

“Coupling the costs of a national crisis that has fallen onto New York City with COVID funding that is running out and reduced revenue growth, our city’s financial future may be at risk if we do not act.

He added his administration will seek to minimize program disruption to programs and there will not be layoffs.

</snip>

Keep voting Democrat, @$$h@l&s!