Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Few Thoughts from the Commanders Game.....in no particular order

Virgil

10 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Dorsey was an idiot vs Washington. He needs to be better to win a Lombardy.

typical response from the quick fix crowd

hard for Dorsey and the offense to get better if you don't try things to see if they work

and how to adjust to make them work

Bills were in no position to lose this game, so good time to put things on tape against a quality D to analyze

• I don't know 1

22 hours ago, Virgil said:

10 - Murray - Is Murray our 3rd down back now?  I'm very confused on this RB rotation.  Is Murray considered the better pass catching back?  Or, was Cook just brought out of the game on numerous 3rd downs to rest him?  I'm not really complaining, except that we didn't use RB's on 3rd/4th and short, as much as I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is there.

I too am not sure what their actual plan is.

Obviously Cook is the starter  and will have the most carries,

but they seem to use Harris and Murray differently. 

Still it's a nice problem to have.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It's not fine.  It's never fine.  It's the dumbest play in the playbook.  I &#%$ing HATE wide receiver screen calls.  I hate them so much they should have to use pronouns in the playbook.

Damn straight. If it works, it can be a great play. The problem is, it doesn't even work occasionally. It works, like, maybe, phucking never. And if you're going to run it, why the phuck would you throw it to Diggs? You want your receiver to have jets on that play.

• Applause 2

On 9/25/2023 at 3:02 PM, IDBillzFan said:

I don't get this at all and it was frustrating as shit to see Josh in shotgun for 4th and 1.

I doubt I’d find it any less frustrating if I knew the answer, but I’d love for someone to ask Dorsey about his thought process on this because I can’t make it make sense. If you line up under center with a back in the backfield you can still be aggressive and throw it if you want to, but you force the D to also defend the possibility of a QB sneak or a running play with the RB vs. lining up in empty set shotgun and letting them know they only need to worry about the pass. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I doubt I’d find it any less frustrating if I knew the answer, but I’d love for someone to ask Dorsey about his thought process on this because I can’t make it make sense. If you line up under center with a back in the backfield you can still be aggressive and throw it if you want to, but you force the D to also defend the possibility of a QB sneak or a running play with the RB vs. lining up in empty set shotgun and letting them know they only need to worry about the pass. 

I do believe it was done as part of the Josh Allen re-education program.

We've done  this in the past, but it will not be a staple going forward, because bad things happen.

Josh needs to experience the pain for it to register