Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Thanks!

Uncle Joe

2020 sucked. There was a time a place you couldn’t say what you felt without fear of retribution. That year I had flight plans to watch Spring Training that got cancelled the same week MLB cancelled the games in Arizona. My summer was spent at home like many others doing projects. Then came the Fall of 2020. The Bills were going to make a West Coast swing to San Francisco, Arizona, and Las Vegas. My sons lived in Santa Clara, my dad in Arizona. I was going to watch the Bills in both locations and quite possibly roll the dice on Vegas. But it was not to be as the NFL played the season in empty stadiums with fan noise pumped into the broadcast.
     Which brings me to my point. I spent most Sundays (and a few other gamedays) on this site with my Bills brethren. I looked forward to each ball game to achieve some sense of community. Yes, I even enjoyed the curmudgeons such as Joe and the guy from DC. I thought 2020 would be the year the Bills would sneak under the radar to the Super Bowl. They came up one game short as they made it to the AFC Championship game. So yeah, 2020 sucked, but I enjoyed the Bills journey that year with all of you that participated in the GDT.
     Fast forward to this year (13 seconds and Damar’s on field near death experience notwithstanding), I have no idea how the Bills will finish 2023. I’m along for the ride as always.
GO BILLS! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

On 11/11/2023 at 9:05 PM, Uncle Joe said:

2020 sucked. There was a time a place you couldn’t say what you felt without fear of retribution. That year I had flight plans to watch Spring Training that got cancelled the same week MLB cancelled the games in Arizona. My summer was spent at home like many others doing projects. Then came the Fall of 2020. The Bills were going to make a West Coast swing to San Francisco, Arizona, and Las Vegas. My sons lived in Santa Clara, my dad in Arizona. I was going to watch the Bills in both locations and quite possibly roll the dice on Vegas. But it was not to be as the NFL played the season in empty stadiums with fan noise pumped into the broadcast.
     Which brings me to my point. I spent most Sundays (and a few other gamedays) on this site with my Bills brethren. I looked forward to each ball game to achieve some sense of community. Yes, I even enjoyed the curmudgeons such as Joe and the guy from DC. I thought 2020 would be the year the Bills would sneak under the radar to the Super Bowl. They came up one game short as they made it to the AFC Championship game. So yeah, 2020 sucked, but I enjoyed the Bills journey that year with all of you that participated in the GDT.
     Fast forward to this year (13 seconds and Damar’s on field near death experience notwithstanding), I have no idea how the Bills will finish 2023. I’m along for the ride as always.
GO BILLS! 

For me 2023 has been rough but not because of football. It has been my health. One heart attack ( The day after Damar) and trip to the ER. 8 months later 2 more weekends in the hospital. Now I sit in the chair and check my BP before and after every game. Thought lightening up the atmosphere with gifs would help us all out but the one from DC doesn't like them because he thinks I think he is a Nazi and Joe wants me to leave the page. I took his advise on Monday and didn't join the GDT to see if that helped my BP issue. It did. next week I do another test. I block him before the game and unblock him after to see if that helps. 

All that said, I wouldn't want to do this page without Tom. He brings so much humor and information to the page that we would not get otherwise. (BTW @Crap Throwing Clavin the team have been struggling since you stopped insulting my lack of intelligence) Also, I bust on @Joe often but it is just that. I bust on him. He isn't always wrong in his assessment of the GDT, He is just never right. So Joe, when I say I blocked you....did I really? Can you tell.....Hmmmm.

All that said guys and gals ( Assuming @Ann is not the only one) SMILE! Life might throw you rough patches from time to time remember, life is only a vapor. Count your blessings and keep pushing forward. If it seems too rough at times, call a friend, PM someone here. or just turn a pen. Ask DC! It is truly therapeutic. Blessings all.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

For me 2023 has been rough but not because of football. It has been my health. One heart attack ( The day after Damar) and trip to the ER. 8 months later 2 more weekends in the hospital. Now I sit in the chair and check my BP before and after every game. Thought lightening up the atmosphere with gifs would help us all out but the one from DC doesn't like them because he thinks I think he is a Nazi and Joe wants me to leave the page. I took his advise on Monday and didn't join the GDT to see if that helped my BP issue. It did. next week I do another test. I block him before the game and unblock him after to see if that helps. 

All that said, I wouldn't want to do this page without Tom. He brings so much humor and information to the page that we would not get otherwise. (BTW @Crap Throwing Clavin the team have been struggling since you stopped insulting my lack of intelligence) Also, I bust on @Joe often but it is just that. I bust on him. He isn't always wrong in his assessment of the GDT, He is just never right. So Joe, when I say I blocked you....did I really? Can you tell.....Hmmmm.

All that said guys and gals ( Assuming @Ann is not the only one) SMILE! Life might throw you rough patches from time to time remember, life is only a vapor. Count your blessings and keep pushing forward. If it seems too rough at times, call a friend, PM someone here. or just turn a pen. Ask DC! It is truly therapeutic. Blessings all.

Insulting you seems pointless, given that you're demonstrably smarter than your average NFL official.

See you next week, Shawn Hochuli. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Insulting you seems pointless, given that you're demonstrably smarter than your average NFL official.

See you next week, Shawn Hochuli. 

This is an outrage!