Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gabe Davis was the player of the game against Jets?

You Dirty Rat

CarpetCrawler

I do remember his name being mentioned several times when they were talking about blocking.

At least no one could complain about his drops. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

It's "game within the game" stuff.  Davis was basically playing a TE role most of the game.  A lot of blocking and seam stuff in the passing to drag  defenders to him and open things up on the edges and in the intermediate middle.

For whatever reason, people don't understand that it reallyd does take 11 guys executing for most offensive plays to be successful.  Davis' game has always been a lot more than his stats but people tend to focus on the two things he does most:  dropping passes and getting open deep.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's "game within the game" stuff.  Davis was basically playing a TE role most of the game.  A lot of blocking and seam stuff in the passing to drag  defenders to him and open things up on the edges and in the intermediate middle.

For whatever reason, people don't understand that it reallyd does take 11 guys executing for most offensive plays to be successful.  Davis' game has always been a lot more than his stats but people tend to focus on the two things he does most:  dropping passes and getting open deep.

I’m ok with that but I have a question.  Is it worth giving him a new contract based on this seasons performance?

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m ok with that but I have a question.  Is it worth giving him a new contract based on this seasons performance?

I suspect this goes like Milano...the BILLS tell him to go see what the market is and then adjust fire based on the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I suspect this goes like Milano...the BILLS tell him to go see what the market is and then adjust fire based on the numbers.

Gabe will garner a LOT of interest next year. Certainly hope his situation gets settled prior to the Draft.

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think it could depend on how Justin Shorter is coming along. I can see a scenario much like Singletary's situation where his replacement was drafted the year before his rookie contract expires. That is not to say Shorter is ready to take on Gabe's role by himself, rather the corps is changing, with Kincaid and Shakir becoming more prominent.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Gabe will garner a LOT of interest next year. Certainly hope his situation gets settled prior to the Draft.

how can that be?

everyone in the know is convinced he sucks

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I think it could depend on how Justin Shorter is coming along. I can see a scenario much like Singletary's situation where his replacement was drafted the year before his rookie contract expires. That is not to say Shorter is ready to take on Gabe's role by himself, rather the corps is changing, with Kincaid and Shakir becoming more prominent.

It'll be interesting next year.  Davis - the #2 WR this year and the past couple has been a very important blocking component to the O.  Shakir, who is much smaller, unless another move is made, will become the #2.  But they also likely will be in more 2TE sets and Kincaid (at least last week) was blocking well.  Do they still have 1 additional primarily blocking pass catcher besides Knox but it becomes the 2TE rather than the 2WR?  (But with Knox actually being the primary blocking TE and Kincaid lining up wider but still being called on to block a lot.)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It'll be interesting next year.  Davis - the #2 WR this year and the past couple has been a very important blocking component to the O.  Shakir, who is much smaller, unless another move is made, will become the #2.  But they also likely will be in more 2TE sets and Kincaid (at least last week) was blocking well.  Do they still have 1 additional primarily blocking pass catcher besides Knox but it becomes the 2TE rather than the 2WR?  (But with Knox actually being the primary blocking TE and Kincaid lining up wider but still being called on to block a lot.)

Also, the draft this year is supposed to be a good one for WR's. I just don't know if the room under the cap might be utilized more prudently in another direction.

I like what Gabe bring to the table, but I also don't like the fact that it seems many times it is feast or famine when he is targeted.

• Like 1