Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Favorite winter soup you like

mead107

So many good ones. 

love a good tomato soup for dunking a grilled cheese sandwich. 
2 a good pea soup. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

My husband is an excellent soup maker. My grandfather, father, and uncle always praised his culinary skills to high heavens and would tell him to open is own restaurant. He seldom makes a soup I dislike. This week it was potato leek, last week was beef barley, the week before turkey noodle (we made a turkey, so leftovers!)

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So many good ones. 

love a good tomato soup for dunking a grilled cheese sandwich. 
2 a good pea soup. 

I don't like either of those soups.

But tomato soup with grilled cheese is my wife's favorite lunch.  She will put a slice of tomato in the grilled cheese.

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

My husband is an excellent soup maker. My grandfather, father, and uncle always praised his culinary skills to high heavens and would tell him to open is own restaurant. He seldom makes a soup I dislike. This week it was potato leek, last week was beef barley, the week before turkey noodle (we made a turkey, so leftovers!)

The wife makes great soups.  I'm not so good for some reason.  I love making soup.  I'm getting better at it.

I was making meatballs a couple weeks ago, so I put some mix aside and made small meatballs and used them in an Italian wedding soup.  That was a good one, but it took a lot of effort.  I make a very good pasta fagioli.  That's an easy one to make.  

My wife makes an excellent caldo verde.  It is a potato base and kale Portuguese soup (with a little chorizo in it).  Great for winter.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

My grandmother was an awesome soup maker. Whenever anyone was sick she made chicken soup. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

Love a good clam chowder.  
love Italian wedding soup 

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't like either of those soups.

But tomato soup with grilled cheese is my wife's favorite lunch.  She will put a slice of tomato in the grilled cheese.

The wife makes great soups.  I'm not so good for some reason.  I love making soup.  I'm getting better at it.

I was making meatballs a couple weeks ago, so I put some mix aside and made small meatballs and used them in an Italian wedding soup.  That was a good one, but it took a lot of effort.  I make a very good pasta fagioli.  That's an easy one to make.  

My wife makes an excellent caldo verde.  It is a potato base and kale Portuguese soup (with a little chorizo in it).  Great for winter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

My grandmother was an awesome soup maker. Whenever anyone was sick she made chicken soup. 

I make a terrific chicken soup. It will cure whatever ails you, and it tastes good too!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt

Squash Soup (Bisque style)

Lobster Bisque

Crab Bisque

Seafood Bisque (Lobster AND Crab)

She-Crab Soup

French Onion

Cream of Mushroom (Must be homemade)

Tomato Bisque

Beef Stew

Chili 100 alarm heat

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Squash Soup (Bisque style). Love it

Lobster Bisque.                       Love it 

Crab Bisque.                            Love it 

Seafood Bisque (Lobster AND Crab)love 

She-Crab Soup

French Onion.               Best French onion soup up at the Charlton Tavern 

Cream of Mushroom (Must be homemade)

Tomato Bisque

Beef Stew                    Love it 

Chili 100 alarm heat     We use my stepdad’s recipe.   Awesome 

• Love 1

I love soup.  When I worked in NYC years ago would go to the soup place for lunch every day in the winter.

Any seafood chowder/bisque, tomato, white/navy bean, beef barley, etc.

This thread may inspire me to make soup on Sunday, it’s going to pour rain all day.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...