Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'24 Super Bowl LVIII Game Day Thread

Alaska Darin

I don't know why you go empty on early downs when you've had good success running the football. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's funny because every time they talk about changing a rule it's in favor of the offense.  The other day there was a lengthy discussion about balls being fumbled out of the EZ and why it's a turnover and should it still be.  OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE. 

This broadens into a very interesting conversation. I think the most meaningful rule change in my lifetime, which favored the defense, was probably the “two feet down inbounds to constitute a catch” rule. Which enforced that standard even if a defender’s play prevented a second foot from coming down.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

This broadens into a very interesting conversation. I think the most meaningful rule change in my lifetime, which favored the defense, was probably the “two feet down inbounds to constitute a catch” rule. Which enforced that standard even if a defender’s play prevented a second foot from coming down.

That's a thread all its own...but I'll just say I agree with you.

Crap Throwing Clavin

I don't care that they scores, that's still the dumbest play I've seen since the fake end-around Mickey Mouse reverse &#%$tard halfback option play.

It was a stupid call, with stupid execution, and I'm embarrassed I even watched it.

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Looks even worse from this angle:

That was a pick 6 waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I don't care that they scores, that's still the dumbest play I've seen since the fake end-around Mickey Mouse reverse &#%$tard halfback option play.

It was a stupid call, with stupid execution, and I'm embarrassed I even watched it.

If it beats the chiefs, &#%$ it do it again .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Looks even worse from this angle:

I'm shocked Vinovich didn't throw a flag out of sheer confusion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That was a very ugly play that had a great result.

I heard that occasionally when my sons took a three pointer. 

Not often, mind you. 

• Haha 1

Chandemonium
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's funny because every time they talk about changing a rule it's in favor of the offense.  The other day there was a lengthy discussion about balls being fumbled out of the EZ and why it's a turnover and should it still be.  OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE. 

I think a reasonable argument could be made that the down should count for all offensive penalties, but defensive penalties should only result in a first down if the penalty yardage would have resulted in a first down anyway. I’ve always thought that automatic first downs for 5 yard penalties on 1st and 10 are BS. 

• O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know why the Chiefs ever put Edwards-Helaire in the game. 

Get yer face palm ready...

For the Helairity of it.

• Facepalm 1