• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nanker

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That'll almost get him a Big Mac in Manhattan.

And he has to pay Federal, State, and City taxes on that handsome sum. He might have to downsize that to a quarter pounder with cheese, or perhaps a Happy Meal. 

11 hours ago, Nanker said:

And he has to pay Federal, State, and City taxes on that handsome sum. He might have to downsize that to a quarter pounder with cheese, or perhaps a Happy Meal. 

He could go to the dollar pizza place that’s upstairs from Penn Station.

My kid made me take him there before a Rangers game. While he stood and ate 3 dollars worth of real bad pizza, I watched the clientele come and go.  Mostly incompetent subway panhandlers who could only scrape together a buck, women of questionable repute, and European tourists.

Edit: I looked it up.  The place is closed. It was on 33rd street.  But not to worry, there’s one in Times Square — closer to Port Authority.  A more reliable client base.

Edited by snafu

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Ann said:

Did they change anything?

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
On 4/15/2024 at 9:02 AM, Ann said:

Didn't they do that last year?

IDBillzFan

I see Colin Kaepernick trending on Twitter, which usually means the people who don't follow football had an NFL player cross into their woke timelines.

And here we go...

Jets fans must be so confused.

Editor's Note: the Kaepernick stuff is from people who can't understand how Rodgers can get away with this type of commentary but Kaepernick isn't playing because he took a knee. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I see Colin Kaepernick trending on Twitter, which usually means the people who don't follow football had an NFL player cross into their woke timelines.

And here we go...

Jets fans must be so confused.

Editor's Note: the Kaepernick stuff is from people who can't understand how Rodgers can get away with this type of commentary but Kaepernick isn't playing because he took a knee. :classic_laugh:

I love Aaron Rodgers even more now...he's getting to the truth.

IDBillzFan
59 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I love Aaron Rodgers even more now...he's getting to the truth.

We saw the way crazy leftist fans from Buffalo pissed all over Beasley. The predictable leftist, mask-wearing, pink hair-dying Jets fans are about to make being a Jets fan insufferable.

And this is different than the batshit wokesters who whine about Kaepernick, but never watch football. Beasley got abused by actual Bills fans, and it was embarrassing as shit.

The difference is that the Bills just have backbenchers like JW, Sullivan and Timmah! reporting on it, which Rodgers has all the NYC/NJ publications, and it's going to be fascinating to see this all turn to shit.

• Popcorn 2
  • Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

We saw the way crazy leftist fans from Buffalo pissed all over Beasley. The predictable leftist, mask-wearing, pink hair-dying Jets fans are about to make being a Jets fan insufferable.

And this is different than the batshit wokesters who whine about Kaepernick, but never watch football. Beasley got abused by actual Bills fans, and it was embarrassing as shit.

The difference is that the Bills just have backbenchers like JW, Sullivan and Timmah! reporting on it, which Rodgers has all the NYC/NJ publications, and it's going to be fascinating to see this all turn to shit.

Rodgers as backup to Joshy...

It was horrible what happened to Beasley...he's a hero for being one of the few to stand up to the bullshit but it cost him his job. Totally unfair. Love him

• Like 2

KD in CA
On 4/17/2024 at 7:22 AM, IDBillzFan said:

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Newly surfaced video shows moment Jets cornerback Brandin Echols loses control of sports car at 84 mph, runs motorist off road in horrifying crash

A newly surfaced video shows the stomach-churning moment that New York Jets cornerback Brandin Echols loses control of his Dodge Charger Hellcat at 84 mph and runs a hapless motorist off the road, sending the BMW airborne, hurtling over a guardrail and into a field. 

Stephen Gilberg, 51, of Livingston, N.J., claims he became “partially paralyzed” following the April 26, 2022 accident, and is now suing Echols and the Jets.

The high-speed crash unfolded around 2 p.m. on Columbia Turnpike, near Morristown Airport, just minutes from the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park, N.J.

Echols was suspended for one game in 2023 but the team never publicly announced it was for the rookie’s reckless, near-fatal driving

</snip>

The Jets are responsible for the negligent acts of Echols, Gilberg said in the Morris County Superior Court lawsuit filed last month. 

“New York Jets . . . did not exercise reasonable care in hiring defendant, Echols, as one of its players in that they failed to conduct the proper motor vehicle and/or criminal history checks,” the suit states.

Echols “has a history” of reckless driving and had a “remote controlled license plate concealer” in the vehicle, alleged Gilberg. Such concealers are usually used to evade tolls and speeding and red-light cameras.

</snip>

• Doh! 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Newly surfaced video shows moment Jets cornerback Brandin Echols loses control of sports car at 84 mph, runs motorist off road in horrifying crash

A newly surfaced video shows the stomach-churning moment that New York Jets cornerback Brandin Echols loses control of his Dodge Charger Hellcat at 84 mph and runs a hapless motorist off the road, sending the BMW airborne, hurtling over a guardrail and into a field. 

Stephen Gilberg, 51, of Livingston, N.J., claims he became “partially paralyzed” following the April 26, 2022 accident, and is now suing Echols and the Jets.

The high-speed crash unfolded around 2 p.m. on Columbia Turnpike, near Morristown Airport, just minutes from the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park, N.J.

Echols was suspended for one game in 2023 but the team never publicly announced it was for the rookie’s reckless, near-fatal driving

</snip>

The Jets are responsible for the negligent acts of Echols, Gilberg said in the Morris County Superior Court lawsuit filed last month. 

“New York Jets . . . did not exercise reasonable care in hiring defendant, Echols, as one of its players in that they failed to conduct the proper motor vehicle and/or criminal history checks,” the suit states.

Echols “has a history” of reckless driving and had a “remote controlled license plate concealer” in the vehicle, alleged Gilberg. Such concealers are usually used to evade tolls and speeding and red-light cameras.

</snip>

Also suing NJ DOT.  

Maybe I missed part of the story...but were the Jets and NJ DOT driving recklessly?