Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Lie that is DEI

Hedge

Probably past time that this subject has its own thread.

Hook ‘em!

(that place, like most universities, is still infested with communists though)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
devnull
3 hours ago, Hedge said:

I don't understand the scandal of plagarism within the DEI academic community.

Within real fields, such as medicine, science, and mechanics yes.  Plagiarism should be considered a serious offense.

But DEI is basically Orthodoxy, and they're just parroting each other and demonizing Heretics, Apostates, and Blasphemers

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Hedge said:

For example, Bunzel (2001) notes that the word 'diversity' has been used in so many different ways it now means whatever one wants it to mean...

So the word "diversity" is diverse.

The elasticity of the [word] "diversity" has masked many kinds of questionable conduct.

In fact, though, "diversity" is too diverse.

Some types of questionable conduct associated with higher education's use of the word diversity are window-dressing approaches that aim to co-opt diversity to create an artificial image that welcomes racial and ethnic minorities to the institution...

So diversity is too diverse when it promotes diversity which isn't truly diversity because...something...

Who the &#%$ thinks this is reasonable research or discourse?  How much of a halfwit do you have to be to plagiarize this logorrhea? These people would get more use out of their brains if they rubbed both hemispheres together to start a fire.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Full text from first post:

BREAKING: Sources within the Secret Service community tell me the agent assigned to VP Kamala Harris was armed during the fight - that the gun was secured in the agent's holster until other agents physically restrained the agent and took the gun from the agent's possession. I'm also told there are DEI concerns among the USSS community about the hiring of this agent. Other agents and officers within the USSS are asking questions about the agent's hiring process, whether the USSS did enough to look into the agent's background and monitor the agent's mental well-being because there have been widespread concerns about other strange behavior before this incident. For now, I am also withholding the agent's name.

Full text from second post:

Other details: Sources say the agent in question was acted erratically upon showing up for a traveling shift at Joint Base Andrews. The agent ended up tackling the Senior Agent in Charge of the VP detail, got on top of him and started punching him. At this point, I'm told, the agent who was attacking the SAIC did indeed have a gun, but it was in the holster. Other agents are expressing relief that the agent did not shoot the SAIC.

• Doh! 2
  • Popcorn 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Full text from first post:

BREAKING: Sources within the Secret Service community tell me the agent assigned to VP Kamala Harris was armed during the fight - that the gun was secured in the agent's holster until other agents physically restrained the agent and took the gun from the agent's possession. I'm also told there are DEI concerns among the USSS community about the hiring of this agent. Other agents and officers within the USSS are asking questions about the agent's hiring process, whether the USSS did enough to look into the agent's background and monitor the agent's mental well-being because there have been widespread concerns about other strange behavior before this incident. For now, I am also withholding the agent's name.

Full text from second post:

Other details: Sources say the agent in question was acted erratically upon showing up for a traveling shift at Joint Base Andrews. The agent ended up tackling the Senior Agent in Charge of the VP detail, got on top of him and started punching him. At this point, I'm told, the agent who was attacking the SAIC did indeed have a gun, but it was in the holster. Other agents are expressing relief that the agent did not shoot the SAIC.

Pretty sure that you don't go straight from "hired" to "protective detail."  You need to be with the Service for a while.

So this person probably passed multiple investigations and screenings before being put in this situation.  :classic_blink:

• Like 2

devnull
On 4/24/2024 at 8:54 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Pretty sure that you don't go straight from "hired" to "protective detail."  You need to be with the Service for a while.

So this person probably passed multiple investigations and screenings before being put in this situation.  :classic_blink:

Considering the VP was a fast track diversity hire, it's only fitting to include similar hires in her entourage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

According to the new rubric, “outstanding” achievement comes either from publishing multiple papers in high-impact science journals (which is as it should be), or we may receive credit — how much is anyone’s guess — for DEI contributions that will also now be weighed in the balance. This is nothing short of ideological prostitution where professors rush to join the chorus of virtue signalling, vying to notch up their salaries

• clown 1