Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL Playoffs 2023-2024

MothersMilk

MothersMilk

Rooting for Toronto tonight and Florida tomorrow, the rest will kind of fill in for me. 

• Cheers 1

If Winnipeg can get past Colorado then they could make a deep run.

And Nashville could be a spoiler. 
The Rangers need Shosterkin to show up. I think he’s a weak link for them. 

13 hours ago, snafu said:

Winnipeg just scored a goal I don’t think ever happened before.

Left post, right post, left post.

Goal.

https://www.nhl.com/video/topic/highlights/col-wpg-lowry-scores-goal-against-alexandar-georgiev-6351380938112

What was really interesting about that goal is that on ALL the replays they showed on the Deuce immediately after the goal was scored, it looked like the puck never got over the goal line.  (Angles: from up in the rafters just in front of the goal line, normal angle, at the boards just ahead of the goal line, behind the net, and maybe 1 other.)  From the shot just ahead of the goal line it looked like the puck came close to going over the line but when it hit the ice on its edge it cambe back slightly away from the net and then left the goal line after hitting the 1st post for a 2nd time. 

But near the end of the game, they showed an angle from the crossbar down that showed the puck was actually in the net.  Don't know if that was just for the playoffs, or if this is an angle they normally have; but I have NEVER seen them use that camera angle in a broadcast.  (Realized the TV crews don't always show all angles, but had never ever seen a shot from the crossbar down.  Always thought the only cameras in the net were in those 2 big white boxes along the ice at the back of the net.  Would like to know when they added that additional camera and also if there are any other "hidden" cameras in the net.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Great game 6 between Dallas and Vegas.

And it should make everyone smile knowing that either Boston or the Leafs will lose a heartbreaker game 7.

Let it be the Bruins. The game is on ABC tonight so maybe more people will watch.

• Popcorn 1