Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

AD Mitchell - WR prospect

SquirminThurman

SquirminThurman

Oof. So the trade of Diggs left us without an 'X' or 'WR1'.

Samuel can fill in as WR2 and Shakir is our new WR3. Not bad.

I'm very hopeful that whatever kept Justin Shorter off the field is resolved.

Kincaid and Knox is a top 5 TE duo IMO.

Do the Bills have the patience and running game to nickel and dime a team down the field?

The Bills RB chart is literally James Cook and Ty Johnson.

My 'Franklin in the 2nd round take' got blown up after the Diggs trade. I no longer believe that.

I thought Franklin in the 2nd round to replace Davis made sense.

In a deep WR draft, no problem and Franklin looked the part, though he is moving up in draft guides.

I no longer believe that. The Bills are probably going WR in the first round.

I'd love Brian Thomas Jr as a long term WR1 fix, or even Ladd McConkey as a WR1/WR2 for a bit. Not sure they will be there.

My wish is BTJr. I think he is a multiple time Pro Bowler/ All pro with 6-10 1000 yard seasons.

McConkey could be a real problem as a WR2. Not sure about an NFL WR1.

I have a terrible feeling both will be drafted earlier and it will be AD Mitchell that falls to Buffalo as the best WR prospect left when the Bills draft.

Mitchell has all the physical traits you could want. He could be an AJ Brown/ Eric Moulds type WR1, but his consistency and the interview after the combine was not great.

In Bills terms he seems like Eric Moulds body with a Sammy Watkins work ethic.

What do you all think?? If AD Mitchell is the best WR option available would you draft him?

I do think his ceiling is top 3 or 4 of the WR class. At his best I Iike him more than Nabers. But I'm not sure the moxy is there.

What do you all think?

Are the Bills going WR in first round?

If AD Mitchell is the best WR prospect left do you draft him?

What WR do you have higher than AD Mitchell or below him?

I would think the JA factor would get the most out of a WR, but you never know.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am all for an Eric Moulds type! (Could you imagine 1998 on Eric Moulds with Josh Allen throwing to him?) And I would be sorely disappointed with another Sammy Watkins (underachiever extraordinaire).

• Like 1

I would like to see them move up for one of the top 3 wr but I highly doubt they do that. I would be surprised if they don’t get a wr in the first round. I think Bean may move up to about the 20th pick to get his guy.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
8 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Do the Bills have the patience and running game to nickel and dime a team down the field?

My 'Franklin in the 2nd round take' got blown up after the Diggs trade. I no longer believe that.

In a deep WR draft, no problem and Franklin looked the part, though he is moving up in draft guides.

I'd love Brian Thomas Jr as a long term WR1 fix, or even Ladd McConkey as a WR1/WR2 for a bit. Not sure they will be there.

My wish is BTJr. I think he is a multiple time Pro Bowler/ All pro with 6-10 1000 yard seasons.

I have a terrible feeling both will be drafted earlier and it will be AD Mitchell that falls to Buffalo as the best WR prospect left when the Bills draft.

Mitchell has all the physical traits you could want. He could be an AJ Brown/ Eric Moulds type WR1, but his consistency and the interview after the combine was not great.

What do you all think?? If AD Mitchell is the best WR option available would you draft him?

I do think his ceiling is top 3 or 4 of the WR class. At his best I Iike him more than Nabers. But I'm not sure the moxy is there.

What do you all think?

McConkey all day...no problemo as number 1, just ask Cooper Kupp!

• Like 2

Spartacus
8 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

NO to Mitchell

don't need another guy who takes plays off when not the primary option

McConkey and Tez Walker

position flexibility, football savvy and intelligence, ability to catch the ball

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

10 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

What do you all think?

Would be quite surprised if the Bills actually stay at 28.  Expecting they make a move to get up to 18-20 and grab Thomas (unless one of the other "big 4" are somehow still on the board to where the Bills move up to, in which case they'd grab one of them). 

They have a ton of picks this year and an extra 2nd next year.  They should be able to move up and still have enough picks to restock the 2ndary.

• Like 2

Fansince88

Checking in from vacation but want to know if Mitchel is taller than Shorter? I will hang up and listen.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Checking in from vacation but want to know if Mitchel is taller than Shorter? I will hang up and listen.

By a quarter of an inch.

Mitchell is listed at 6'4", Shorter I see as 6'3.75"

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
On 4/21/2024 at 1:35 AM, Ann said:

I am all for an Eric Moulds type! (Could you imagine 1998 on Eric Moulds with Josh Allen throwing to him?) And I would be sorely disappointed with another Sammy Watkins (underachiever extraordinaire).

At his best he could be a Moulds/ AJ Green/ AJ Brown type complete WR

Just concerned about the work ethic and attitude. Looks like others are too, and that is why he could fall to 28ish.

• Like 1