Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Draft Sleepers

SquirminThurman

SquirminThurman

Anyone want to talk sleepers? Guys who you like who should be available in rounds 4-7.

I've got a few I like so far:

IOL - Sedrick Van Pran - Georgia. Maybe not a sleeper as much as a potential good value pick for the Bills. Moving Bates and Morse in the same offseason seemed a bit questionable to me. I know they have a plan to move McGovern to C and McGovern did play a season and a few games at C in college. As far as I know he has never taken a snap at C in the NFL. Van Pran is ranked somewhere around 100-150 on most big boards and is C #3 or #4 on most draft profiles. I could see him being the first pick in round #4 or maybe the Bills move up a few slots if he is there late in the 3rd. At worst he offers C/G flexibility like Bates did.

RB - Isaac Guerendo - Louisville. RB is a bit thin after Cook and Ty Johnson. Harris retired, Fournette and Murray are FA again. I expect a mid to late round flyer or two on a RB. The class is weak at top, but there are some very intriguing RBs in the mid to late rounds. Enter Isaac Guerendo. He'll probably go late 4th to early 6th. He is 6'0" 220 pounds and runs a 4.33 40. He was with Wisconsin for a long time but got very little use being behind Jonathan Taylor and this year's draft prospect Braelon Allen. He also had some hamstring issues and a Lisfranc injury that really limited his reps. Annoying inkuries but nothing too major.

He transferred to Louisville with his COVID year eligibility, and split time at RB to rack up 810 yards rushing (6.1 ypc) and 11 TDs. He caught 22 passes (10.6 ypc) and is a solid Kick returner with speed. If there is a Pacheco (5'10, 215, 4.35 speed) this draft I think it's Guerendo. In Bills terms his running style reminds me of Mike Gillislee/ Kenny Davis. Another comp I've heard his running style compared to Raheem Mostert, but Guerendo is bigger. Another comp is Stevan Ridley. Would be a nice #2 option to Cook.

RB - Isaiah Davis - South Dakota State. Believe it or not SD State had a very good offense. There are half a dozen expected NFL draftees over the next 2-3 drafts from SD State. OL/ RB/ TE etc. Davis is another big back prospect. 6'0 218, 4.57 40. Led the FCS with 1,578 rushing yards (236 carries, 6.7 per). Tied for the FCS lead with 18 rushing TDs. Has the college production you want, but the competition could be a concern. 6-7th round.

Do you folks have any sleepers or mid round guys you like or are interested in?

SquirminThurman

A few other late sleepers:

S - Kitan Oladapo - Oregon State

Bills need S depth. Loads of college production. AVG RAS/athletics score. He just plays football as a S. Round 4-5 grade. Sometimes you have a feel about a guy. This is one of them. Team captain. 4-6 round.

2023 - 74 tackles, 3 TFL with 1 sack, FF, 2 INT, 8 PBU

2022 - 80 tackles, 4 TFL with 2.5 sacks, 6 PBU

2021 - 68 tackles, 6 TFL with 1 sack, INT, 9 PBU

He just produced in college in a power 5 conference and that is what I am looking for late.

At his best I think he is Budda Baker.

WR - Cornelius Johnson - Michigan

Digging deep here for a 2nd WR late in the draft. Michigan was not a pass first offense. 3 year starter. 6'2" 212 lbs 9.46 RAS. 4.5-4.6 speed. But won contested catches, has size and comes from a winning program. Worth a 6-7 round pick. May go as high as the 5th. Good at finding soft spots in zone. YAC is weak.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

A few other late sleepers:

S - Kitan Oladapo - Oregon State

Bills need S depth. Loads of college production. AVG RAS/athletics score. He just plays football as a S. Round 4-5 grade. Sometimes you have a feel about a guy. This is one of them. Team captain. 4-6 round.

2023 - 74 tackles, 3 TFL with 1 sack, FF, 2 INT, 8 PBU

2022 - 80 tackles, 4 TFL with 2.5 sacks, 6 PBU

2021 - 68 tackles, 6 TFL with 1 sack, INT, 9 PBU

He just produced in college in a power 5 conference and that is what I am looking for late.

At his best I think he is Budda Baker.

A sleeper from Oregon State?  I hope he's not camping out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SquirminThurman
48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A sleeper from Oregon State?  I hope he's not camping out.

LOL pretty sure NIL kept him out of tents. If not, even Buffalo would seem an improvement!

Any other thoughts on this S?

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

LOL pretty sure NIL kept him out of tents. If not, even Buffalo would seem an improvement!

Any other thoughts on this S?

I only do draft analysis of players named Williams, sorry.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

CarpetCrawler
13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I only do draft analysis of players named Williams, sorry.

Must keep you pretty busy.

SquirminThurman
Posted (edited)

Let's review:

OC - Sedrick Van-Pran - Georgia: To Bills!!! Round 5 (#141). IMO the best pick the Bills made

RB - Isaac Guerendo - Louisville: Went to SF round 4 (#129) he went a pic after Ray Davis to the Bills (#128). I comped him to Raheem Mostert and he went to SF who has missed Mostert's speed

RB - Isaiah Davis - SD State:  Went to the Jets Round 5 (#173) a luxury pick or compliment to Breece Hall

S - Kiran Oladapo - Oregon State: Went to Green bay 5 (#169) - GB added multiple DBs

WR - Cornelius Johnson - Michigan - 7 (253) to the Chargers! Great pick at 253. Back up WRx or WRy day 1

********************************************************************************************

Van Pran: I posted about him in his thread. Great pick up. My favorite pick of the draft.

Guerendo - the Bills took Davis instead. Ok with that, the 49ers took Guerendo a pick later. Are they a good team??? Really more upset the Dolphins got Jaylen Wright a few picks ahead. The AFC EAST got a bunch of very good RB in the 4th.

Davis - the Jets wanted a RB like the Bills and Dolphins and got one in I. Davis. Happy we got R. Davis instead.

Oladapo - went where I thought, but could have been a Bill easily. I thought the Bills were going for 2 S in the draft. He was a good late round get by GB

Johnson - why not double down on WR?? X WR on a national championship team. Better measurables than Keon Coleman. Steal of the late draft to the Chargers, who like the Bills needed WR help

My boards best measured up to SF (Early) and Green Bay (Late).

Let's see what happens

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Cheers 1