Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

IF I happen to be elected President of the US in November, I'd:

Keukasmallie

Keukasmallie

OK, I'll go first.  On Inauguration Day I'd close the southern border for thirty days to give me time to meet with appropriate departments and agencies to plan to address human trafficking, stop the flow of drugs, address the cartel impacts, identify the "gotaway" illegals inside the US and deport them as necessary.  [Please don't impeach me right away; it'll take me at least six months to firehose away the detritus my predecessor left behind.]

Your turn:

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

The absolute first thing I do, before the inaugural balls:  Send two things to Congress. 

First is notification that the DACA program will be cancelled as of June 30, since it's an internal DHS memo concerning prosecutorial discretion that, in the memo's own words, "confers no substantive right, immigration status or pathway to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights."  And as such, it is grossly misleading to its recipients - DACA recipients believe they're being granted rights that do not at all exist.

Second thing is a the text of a bill for DACA to be passed in some form based on sound legal principles, that actually provides the protection that proponents of DACA falsely claim it does.

Basically..."put DACA on sound legal footing, you have five months" - which really works out to about 120 working session days for Congress, I did the math - "if you don't, the program disappears completely."

And no, I wouldn't accept a blanket "all childhood arrivals are protected."  More like "I've you've been here at least eight years, graduated high school with a B average or better, and have no criminal record."  Put some reasonable constraints on it, so that the recipients are more tied to America than they are to their homeland. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Second thing I'd do is pardon all Jan 6 protesters convicted of treason or sedition, because that's just bullshit.

Third thing I'd do is order the upcoming USS Doris Miller be named the USS Midway, and instead the new DDG(X) class under development become the Doris Miller class.  Because it's time to get away from the political nonsense, and time to get back to tradition (one of which was naming destroyers for award winners.  Dorie Miller got a Navy Cross, he does NOT deserve greater than a Medal of Honor winners like Dick O'Kane, Isaac Kidd, or Ernest Evans), and having an entire ship class named after him is a very high honor.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Fourth thing is I'd make @Deranged Rhino my speech write, and @Alaska Darin my press secretary.  

I know Darin would prefer other positions, and be good at them.  But dammit, I need someone who's going to handle the media the way they need to be handled.

• Cheers 2

Uncle Joe
17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Fourth thing is I'd make @Deranged Rhino my speech write, and @Alaska Darin my press secretary.  

I know Darin would prefer other positions, and be good at them.  But dammit, I need someone who's going to handle the media the way they need to be handled.

Where will you be sending your VP? Rome?

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Where will you be sending your VP? Rome?

Wuhan

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

devnull
37 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Dorie Miller got a Navy Cross, he does NOT deserve greater than a Medal of Honor winners like Dick O'Kane, Isaac Kidd, or Ernest Evans), and having an entire ship class named after him is a very high honor.

If I were President I would order a carrier be named after Dick O'Kane.

Because I've known enough Navy people to appreciate whatever Dick-O nickname they come up

• Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 minutes ago, devnull said:

If I were President I would order a carrier be named after Dick O'Kane.

Because I've known enough Navy people to appreciate whatever Dick-O nickname they come up

I know submariners whisper his name in hushed, reverent tones. Usually in the shower.

devnull
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I know submariners whisper his name in hushed, reverent tones. Usually in the shower.

Your submariner friends and my carrier friends may have different experiences of riding the Hairy Ass.

KD in CA

1. Outlaw/close all public sector organized crime labor unions, and turn over their assets to the PBGC to sort out.

2. Close the border, order the wall extended the full length of the border, and announce a path to citizenship for anyone already here that consists of ten years of a) no felony convictions and b) timely filing of tax returns each year with evidence of earned income.

If you work, pay taxes and don’t commit crimes, you’re welcome to stay.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

1. Outlaw/close all public sector organized crime labor unions, and turn over their assets to the PBGC to sort out.

2. Close the border, order the wall extended the full length of the border, and announce a path to citizenship for anyone already here that consists of ten years of a) no felony convictions and b) timely filing of tax returns each year with evidence of earned income.

If you work, pay taxes and don’t commit crimes, you’re welcome to stay.

And deportation of anyone with felony convictions.  

It's amazing how reasonable people can agree to reasonable solutions to the &#%$ed-up immigration policies...but progressives insist on ignoring them.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Keukasmallie
48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And deportation of anyone with felony convictions.  

It's amazing how reasonable people can agree to reasonable solutions to the &#%$ed-up immigration policies...but progressives insist on ignoring them.  

Yeah buddy!

Start shooting people. The White House would be filled with hookers and blow. Drug dealing from the Oval Office. You know, the normal routine that has been going on there for decades.

Something a little more productive? Turn the govt into Business like Amazon. You got to earn the money you want to spend! Stop killing people with taxes!