Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2024 Fifth Draft Pick: Round 5, Pick #141: C, Georgia, Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

EDIT: Recreating this thread. I accidentally deleted it when trying to delete the one for Pick 144 that was traded. Apologies!

• Like 2

SquirminThurman

Love this pick. He was the first sleeper I noted in the sleeper thread!!! Very Excited for this pick.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Uncle Joe
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Baby face gonna charm you then smash you in the mouth - that's the impression I got. 

• Like 1

SquirminThurman

So this is by far my favorite pick of the draft. Filled a need, great value at the pick, pure player at his position, won 2 championships, was a team captain for 2 championship teams in 3 years.

Fill a need? - Yes - moving McGovern to C after not taking a C snap in 5-6 yrs is fools gold

Bills had no back up C on the team after dealing Bates, who never seemed to get the love he deserved here. (ask me why)

Reached? - No

Has the size and skills? - yes

Why I love this pick:

• 3 year starter with Georgia
  • Started as a pure freshman
  • Team captain for 2 years in 3 at Georgia
  • Starting C for 2 championship teams
  • Said to be very smart calling out protections, High football IQ
  • 44 consecutive starts at C
  • All SEC and 2nd team All American (2023)
  • succeeded with multiple OC and QB
  • Georgia went 42-2 with him at C
  • He is flat nasty in the run game, I have a feeling the Bills want to transition to a power team
  • Puller? No, Seeks guys on the second level? Yes and he destroys them
  • Healthy - no injury history
  • Teammate of James Cook
  • Allowed 0 sacks and only 13 pressures in the SEC last season
  • I think he has given up 1 sack over the past 2 seasons against SEC competition. (check me)

If SVP can take the C position in pre-season, that allows McGovern to remain at LG. A big win. A strong LG keeps Dawkins at All-Pro level.

Keeps Dave Edwards as backup OG, which is a strong backup OG. McGovern becomes backup C and Edwards backup OG. I like that a lot more than McGovern at C.

This is my favorite pick of the Bills draft.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1