Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2024 Tenth Draft Pick: Round 7, Pick #221 OT, NFL International Player Pathway, Travis Clayton

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

do they still get a practice squad exemption, and for how long?

New Rules for 2024 International Player Pathway Program:

Beginning in 2024, each of the 32 NFL clubs is eligible to fill a 17th roster spot on its practice squad, reserved for an international player. A participating club is permitted to elevate its international practice squad player to its active roster a maximum of three times throughout the season — increasing the flexibility for clubs to leverage the additional player, while creating more opportunity to play.

Each club will also receive one training camp roster exemption for a qualifying player. Clubs may choose to sign players identified through the NFL's IPP program or can choose to independently scout for international talent.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

do they still get a practice squad exemption, and for how long?

Yes. Till they’re activated. 

SquirminThurman
57 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Waayyy too soon to tell.  

Dude doesn't even play football.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Dude doesn't even play football.....

And Kurt Warner had no experience bagging groceries. But he became one of the best...grocery baggers that store had ever seen.

• Haha 1

SquirminThurman
1 minute ago, Hedge said:

And Kurt Warner had no experience bagging groceries. But he became one of the best...grocery baggers that store had ever seen.

Kurt Warner played college football, this dude did not.

5 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Kurt Warner played college football, this dude did not.

I was more pointing out that this guy’s future ain’t in the NFL. But he’ll have a fun year, I bet.

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
1 minute ago, Hedge said:

I was more pointing out that this guy’s future ain’t in the NFL. But he’ll have a fun year, I bet.

Silly me, I was hoping for a player in the draft

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SquirminThurman said:

Silly me, I was hoping for a player in the draft

But Beane's playing 3D chess.  He gets one exta lineman for scout team drills and the like as this guy'll be the 17th PSer.

Plus he has one extra OLman for those roasting Ra-cha-cha summers while looking at the 90 bodies he and McClappy actually want to look at.

3D chess, my friend.  3D chess.  :classic_wink:

13 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

waste of a pick

Now you’re just complaining to complain. The Bills had a bazillion picks, sad all those picks aren’t making the team. It was a 7th round pick! I am sure the league is happy, the kid is thrilled, and he will float around on the PS for a few years.

• Like 1