Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Alabama coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID-19, will not coach Iron Bowl vs. Auburn

Ann

Alabama coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID-19, will not coach Iron Bowl vs. Auburn

College football's top-ranked team won't have its head coach on the sidelines when it hosts its biggest rival Saturday.

Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 and will not coach Alabama in the Iron Bowl versus Auburn, the school announced.

It's the second positive test in six weeks for the 69-year-old Saban. Alabama has ruled out a false positive this time around because Saban has "very mild symptoms."

"I was informed this morning that I had tested positive," Saban told reporters. "It was a PCR test, which was different than the false positive I had before. I don't really have any cardinal signs of the virus right now. No fever, no loss of taste or smell, no muscle aches."

</snip>

• Cheers 2

Nov 25th is when he started the 10 day +1 self quarantine period mandated by the SEC. So today is his last day of self quarantine but he has to wait one more day before he can be with the team. If I’ve done the math right.