Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Few Thoughts about the 49ers Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Great write-up, @Virgil!

It was a complete game. Perfect? No, but complete. The whole team played well, and except for the first drive where the play calling was a little meh before the 49ers stopped the Bills on 4th and 1, a well called game.

• Like 2

Hey @Virgil, just as I say every week and hate to sound like a broken record but great writeup. I wish you would just suck one time so I can complain. That said, Is it just me or does Edmunds biggest issue seem to be if he makes the initial bad decision he cant turn quick enough on his feet to make up for it immediately? Was just an observation yesterday and wondering what you think or even if you have noticed. For instance when he gets behind the play his turning back into the play seems slowed a bit. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Hey @Virgil, just as I say every week and hate to sound like a broken record but great writeup. I wish you would just suck one time so I can complain. That said, Is it just me or does Edmunds biggest issue seem to be if he makes the initial bad decision he cant turn quick enough on his feet to make up for it immediately? Was just an observation yesterday and wondering what you think or even if you have noticed. For instance when he gets behind the play his turning back into the play seems slowed a bit. 

I don't know honestly.  Once he commits, I think he commits into the pile or a blocker, of which there is no recovery.

• Like 1

transplantbillsfan

Whoa Virgil is here!!!  Awesome!!!

Agree with just about all of this... and I love what you started with.  After the game when Allen was getting interviewed I was just cracking up at all the players hootin and hollerin at him as they ran by; from Dawkins to Barkley.

Josh Allen is the 24 year old leader of this football team, and that's exciting because it means we could be set at the most important position in football for the next decade and a half.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

Josh had a great game obviously but I still have some concern with the frequency in which he fumbles or nearly fumbles.  He had a couple close calls again last night on top of the fumble he lost losing the ball but just a tick after he was down. This could have been a 2-3 fumble game.   There has been improvement but this is something he still needs to improve IMO.

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

leh-nerd skin-erd

@Virgil—now it’s a party!  

Thanks for bringing this topic over.  It was one of my favorite reads at the Place Beyond the Pines.  

One thought—do you have any commentary as it relates to COVID, the NFL, protocol, or the complete censorship of thought/word/deed on a football message board?  

🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@Virgil—now it’s a party!  

Thanks for bringing this topic over.  It was one of my favorite reads at the Place Beyond the Pines.  

One thought—do you have any commentary as it relates to COVID, the NFL, protocol, or the complete censorship of thought/word/deed on a football message board?  

🤔

Why do you ask?  I'm asking because that's really specific and is a hot topic on another board

leh-nerd skin-erd
56 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why do you ask?  I'm asking because that's really specific and is a hot topic on another board

I know. I sensed it was a hot button for you in prior posts on another board.  I have to apologize, I should have framed that better with some sort of sarcasm emoji.  

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know. I sensed it was a hot button for you in prior posts on another board.  I have to apologize, I should have framed that better with some sort of sarcasm emoji.  

Ah, fair enough.  I thought that might be what you were referencing.  It's all good boss

• Like 1