Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sports Cards! (And memorabilia)

Uncle Joe

@TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Well you are a Taskermaker!
Anyway per your request I went through the baseball cards that I have in my binder. It was more like 4 dozen. Then I went through my old Stuart Holmes shoebox and found quite a few more that I should put in notebook binders because it is a PIA to find anything. I believe in my infinite wisdom I have most of those sorted by teams. Lol, I even have a bunch of no name Seattle Pilot's player. That being said these are just cards that survived from my youth i.e. weren't clickers in the bicycle spokes.
So I'll start with my outfield that is in the binder already. Team name is the one on the card.
OF           Stan Musial          ST. L. Cardinals
OF           Bob Clemente      Pirates
OF           Lou Brock            Cardinals
OF           Mickey Mantle     Yankees
OF           Carl Yastryemski     Red Sox
OF           Reggie Jackson       Athletics
OF           Willie Mays          Giants
OF           Hank Aaron           Braves
OF           Billy Williams       Cubs
OF           Roger Maris          Cards
OF           Tony Oliva           Twins
OF           Jim Wynn             Houston
OF           Frank Robison        Orioles
OF           Curt Flood           Phillies

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

@TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Well you are a Taskermaker!
Anyway per your request I went through the baseball cards that I have in my binder. It was more like 4 dozen. Then I went through my old Stuart Holmes shoebox and found quite a few more that I should put in notebook binders because it is a PIA to find anything. I believe in my infinite wisdom I have most of those sorted by teams. Lol, I even have a bunch of no name Seattle Pilot's player. That being said these are just cards that survived from my youth i.e. weren't clickers in the bicycle spokes.
So I'll start with my outfield that is in the binder already. Team name is the one on the card.
OF           Stan Musial          ST. L. Cardinals
OF           Bob Clemente      Pirates
OF           Lou Brock            Cardinals
OF           Mickey Mantle     Yankees
OF           Carl Yastryemski     Red Sox
OF           Reggie Jackson       Athletics
OF           Willie Mays          Giants
OF           Hank Aaron           Braves
OF           Billy Williams       Cubs
OF           Roger Maris          Cards
OF           Tony Oliva           Twins
OF           Jim Wynn             Houston
OF           Frank Robison        Orioles
OF           Curt Flood           Phillies

I thought this deserved its own thread.

That’s a great list! Thank you for sharing!

You may discover, as I did several years ago, that going through your cards can rekindle a passion for collecting them.

I grew up collecting cards in the 1980’s and stopped in 1993 at 16 when my scant resources got redirected at beer and girls. I went off to college, moved cross country, and hadn’t given my cards a thought again until my 30’s, after having moved back East, when my parents house flooded, and my mom called me frantically telling me to come rescue my cards.

Fortunately very few took any damage, and I started going through them slowly over the next few years.

Much like you, I decided I needed a better way to store them, and went into a local baseball card shop to inquire about the best way to do so.

It was like stepping into a time machine to my youth, only all of the cards I coveted back then which were unattainable for a 15 year old were suddenly all extremely affordable.

I was hooked, and have been avidly collection ever since.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Fortunately very few took any damage, and I started going through them slowly over the next few years.

Much like you, I decided I needed a better way to store them, and went into a local baseball card shop to inquire about the best way to do so.

Well I googled the storage issue today. I don't need to pay more 'for the cover than the book' so I will be getting more 9 card notebook style so I can easily filp through the ones I like.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
18 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Well I googled the storage issue today. I don't need to pay more 'for the cover than the book' so I will be getting more 9 card notebook style so I can easily filp through the ones I like.

I would recommend getting yourself some nice binders with spines with nice eye appeal. That way you can display them.

Zazzle has a lot of nice, custom ones.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/binders+baseball+card

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

Dad and I had owned a sports cards store in the early '90s. One day, I bought a '69 (rookie) PSA 9 Reggie Jackson, and a '68 (rookie) PSA 9 Nolan Ryan from the same customer. Those are the highlights of my collection. I'll take pics next time I make it to the safety deposit box.

Here's my favorite card that I have on hand: '82 Topps Traded (rookie) Cal Ripken, nearly flawless except for the two damn white ink spots near the hat's logo. 😞 

crj.jpg

Edited by Mahoney
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1

• 3 months later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 3/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, Mahoney said:

Dad and I had owned a sports cards store in the early '90s. One day, I bought a '69 (rookie) PSA 9 Reggie Jackson, and a '68 (rookie) PSA 9 Nolan Ryan from the same customer. Those are the highlights of my collection. I'll take pics next time I make it to the safety deposit box.

Here's my favorite card that I have on hand: '82 Topps Traded (rookie) Cal Ripken, nearly flawless except for the two damn white ink spots near the hat's logo. 😞 

crj.jpg

Great card. I have this in my PC as well.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I just added this. Now I need to frame it.

Signed by Reich, Reed, Tally, Christie, Jones, Beebe, and Marv.

F9933A22-DA29-4040-BE6A-C1C66B18C9F0.jpeg

• FANtastic 5

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

^

Nice....but for some reason feels like Jamie Mueller and Mark Kelso should have signed it.

Agreed. I plan on adding to it.