Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Few Thoughts About the *Patriots Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Nice write up, @Virgil.

I was reading a Patriot forum last night and someone complained the Bills were running up the score. I will say several other posters basically told him “shuddup” and disagreed pointing out the pulled starters. 

I am not sure the *Patriots deserved mercy, but the beat down was already complete, and the message was received, so why not be good sports and show some class?

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

thanks for the write up @Virgil

watched a replay of the game last night and actually watched a portion of the SVP Sports Center afterwards just because i wanted to hear all the Bills accolades that you just knew were coming. he had ESPN commentator, Ryan Clark on and a lot of what he said rang true here. he said that these Bills are what the Chiefs were two years ago and that other teams should be very afraid.

there is no team we can't beat. i can't get over the change in my visceral reaction watching this team. instead of the long engrained expectation that we are going to blow it, somehow, someway... it is a joy to be able to not dread the game until the final whistle. the season since the break has been a stark beckoning to the glorious Super Bowl days.

good times!

• Like 4

Great write up @Virgil. Agree on every point. Keep throwing the ball just within Knox's reach. Marlowe stepped up well. ST have been an unsung hero for weeks now. 

All that said, a little story. For 17 years we have had an outside maintenance guy come into the warehouse to change out dust mops and carpets. he is a diehard *Patriots fan. For years I hear, "The Bills suck. You don't have an NFL team. *Patriots build the team right. Marsha is the best. You guys didn't have a chance after the National Anthem was over". On an on and on.  The worse part about it was he was right every time. Yesterday he stopped into the office and I said good morning Mike. His reply....."Shut up, I don't want to hear it." Ahhhh, did that ever feel good! I didn't mention the game. I didn't mention the sweep. I just sat in the glory of his anger. It was beautiful. All that said, Get healthy Bills. Got a a lot of work between here and February!

• Like 2

BuffaloHokie13

To your point #1, I give you my texts from before the game with a 49ers buddy.

Screenshot_20201230-081636_Textra.jpg.4a716aaf6ae1c2d2dd58039e5de167dc.jpg

I got what I was looking for. I wanted them to take a shot at the end zone at the end of the first half instead of kneeling though...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Absolutely dominating the **Patriots felt a lot better than I though it would.  I really thought the meaningless game against a broken Cam and Belly wouldn't resonate much with me.  I was wrong, very wrong.  When Diggs caught that 2nd touchdown, I yelled and jumped off the couch.  There's a lot of buried residual emotion towards the **Patriots and this felt like a cleansing.  We are 12-3 and a miracle catch away form 13-2.  Really think about that, considering the schedule we played.  This is real everyone. This is very, very real.

Go Bills!

I had a very similar reaction to that play as well. The entire game I was just sitting on the couch with a pleased feeling. There was no yelling, or screaming, or stress... I was just pleased. Then, that play happened, and suddenly let out this half scream / half laugh that came from God-knows-where as Diggs turned up field. The dog ran out of the room in fear. And then I just sat there giggling while they celebrated in the endzone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

To your point #1, I give you my texts from before the game with a 49ers buddy.

Screenshot_20201230-081636_Textra.jpg.4a716aaf6ae1c2d2dd58039e5de167dc.jpg

I got what I was looking for. I wanted them to take a shot at the end zone at the end of the first half instead of kneeling though...

You spelled billieve wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Fantastic like always. Great write up. 
Wonder how much longer phone throwing Bill cheater will coach? 

I honestly think if he can't get a legit QB next season, that will be his last.