Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Happy Anniversary

Alaska Darin

As I have said "elsewhere," I was at a friend's house here in Cincinnati (technically, Covington, KY). 

I rode down in an Uber (remember those days?) and the driver and I were like "why are the Bengals giving up all these yards and points to Baltimore?"

I'm the only one in another room with the game on while ALL others are in the kitchen.

Then it happens, and I'm jumping up and down by myself, watching things.

No one bothers to check on the lunatic.

No one also cared after that moment, and we sat and ate an amazing dinner while I was like "bleeping bleep."

Fast forward to the day after Easter 2018, when I attended a party that prior night.

My Uber driver? The SAME guy who took me down to the New Years Eve event. 

We caught up about the Bengals game and he was like "I remember you and really thought about you once they scored, and wondered just how happy you were."

Life, and how to live it. 2020 can eat a bag of wrenches for more reasons than I have to talk about at this point.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Today's anniversary:

what a game! was fun watching the disbillievers scaling the fence to get back into the stadium in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what a game! was fun watching the disbillievers scaling the fence to get back into the stadium in the 4th quarter. 

My ex-BILs went. They were two of those trying to get back in!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

My ex-BILs went. They were two of those trying to get back in!

my boss bought tickets for a bunch of us that game so our seats were in the nosebleeds, at the very top. he was one of those who left to, 'get warm'. i think me and Billy were the only ones from our group that stayed. we were drunk and delirious by that time, watching a play then watching over the railing at the fools clamoring to get back in.

good times!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

my boss bought tickets for a bunch of us that game so our seats were in the nosebleeds, at the very top. he was one of those who left to, 'get warm'. i think me and Billy were the only ones from our group that stayed. we were drunk and delirious by that time, watching a play then watching over the railing at the fools clamoring to get back in.

good times!

I have a lesser story about staying...

The game was blacked out in the Buffalo area, but there were bars showing it for a fee. One of those bars was on Elmwood where Home Depot is now. It was next door to the tennis and racquetball club that stood there (before it was demolished for the Home Depot).

My ex-husband and I went over to watch the game, paid our $5 admission and got a table. My son went to my parent's house.  My sister's ex joined us at the table.

At halftime those two wanted to leave, but I was a diehard Bills fan and refused. I told them they could go, but I was staying.

Well by that point the bar was packed and they were not leaving me alone there.  People were drinking their frustrations.

After the game, they both thanked me for insisting on staying.

That is one I will never forget!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

I have a lesser story about staying...

The game was blacked out in the Buffalo area, but there were bars showing it for a fee. One of those bars was on Elmwood where Home Depot is now. It was next door to the tennis and racquetball club that stood there (before it was demolished for the Home Depot).

My ex-husband and I went over to watch the game, paid our $5 admission and got a table. My son went to my parents house.  My sister's ex joined us at the table.

At halftime those two wanted to leave, but I was a diehard Bills fan and refused. I told them they could go, but I was staying.

Well by that point the bar was packed and they were not leaving me alone there.  People were drinking their frustrations.

After the game, they both thanked me for insisting on staying.

That is one I will never forget!

Bills Mafia Rulz!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I was being relocated by my company to Princeton,NJ. I was driving alone to move in ahead of our family who joined me a month later. 

I listened to the game on the radio and it was bleak until the third quarter. I couldn’t believe the comeback and Van’s voice was so energized it was amazing. I got close to Scranton on Rt81 and the radio began fading in and out. I made it to the intersection with 380 when they kicked the field goal in OT to win it. 

UnBillevible win. I’ll always remember that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hitbyaparkedcar
On 1/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, Nanker said:

I was being relocated by my company to Princeton,NJ. I was driving alone to move in ahead of our family who joined me a month later. 

I listened to the game on the radio and it was bleak until the third quarter. I couldn’t believe the comeback and Van’s voice was so energized it was amazing. I got close to Scranton on Rt81 and the radio began fading in and out. I made it to the intersection with 380 when they kicked the field goal in OT to win it. 

UnBillevible win. I’ll always remember that. 

Late to this, but I was on a bus inbound to a rotation at the NTC at Ft Irwin Ca. I had a cheap radio and was able to hear the first half only, but lost signal. Couple hours later, my Chief finds me and hollers out, "Hey the Bills won you knucklehead!" Thought he was messing with me, but found out it was legit. I've only seen the game through replays...

• Like 1

As much as I hate the *Patriots, I love Ben Watson. Watch the aerial shot at the end...the dude just flat out ran from the far left corner to the far right corner to knock Bailey out at the one.

Fifteen years ago today...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...