Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Looking at new mattresses - recommendations

mead107

We have a sleep number. We hated our last mattress and were having trouble finding something my husband liked, so went the sleep number route. It was inexpensive (compared to the last mattress) and we really like it.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt

I forage the garbage for the most stained mattress I can find in skid row...I try to hit the grand slam when picking one out... 

Poo

Urine

Blood

Semen

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I forage the garbage for the most stained mattress I can find in skid row...I try to hit the grand slam when picking one out... 

Poo

Urine

Blood

Semen

No puke?

Picky, aren't we

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, devnull said:

No puke?

Picky, aren't we

If it has all 4 of those already, then it's just common courtesy to add a little puke:puke:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Poo

Urine

Blood

Semen

Too bad...you could have had my old one.  Lasted me about 15 years!

We got a rolled up one, has been pretty good.  Then again, maybe that's just in comparison to the 15 year mattress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2021 at 11:27 PM, Ann said:

We have a sleep number. We hated our last mattress and were having trouble finding something my husband liked, so went the sleep number route. It was inexpensive (compared to the last mattress) and we really like it.

We looked at a sleep number but was not going to work with our bed frame.  A deal breaker.

I hate shopping for mattresses.  The same mattress has different names at different stores so it is hard to compare.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

We looked at a sleep number but was not going to work with our bed frame.  A deal breaker.

I hate shopping for mattresses.  The same mattress has different names at different stores so it is hard to compare.

Really? We have our old bed frame with the sleep number. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Really? We have our old bed frame with the sleep number. 🤷‍♀️ 

Thanks.  Will have to look at again.

@mead107we have had the middle of the line foam Casper since November. Like it just fine. Heavy as hell though, be tough for you and wife for instance to get it up stairs. They delivered a day early to house, so damn thing was just dropped off outside ..had to get a buddy come help me get it up the stairs. Not sure if delivery guys will bring it up stairs or not

• Like 1

Just buy the $5k Stearns and Foster from a brick and mortar furniture store and let them do the heavy lifting. 

I had a latex hybrid one from Brooklyn bedding before I got married. I liked it but the first couple of days your room will smell like a condom.