Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Dark Side of Football

Ann

Martellus Bennett goes on deep Twitter rant on dark side of NFL: 'It’s some really dangerous s***'

Martellus Bennett went on a deep, rather dark Twitter rant on Tuesday night.

The former NFL tight end started out by quote-tweeting a TMZ article about Brandon Marshall wanting a fight with boxing star Deontay Wilder, and ended on the bad side about the NFL and professional sports in general.

</snip>

Twitter thread

11.JPG

22.JPG

33.JPG

• Cheers 1

Interesting comments.  I also recommend that people listen to a recent interview Adam Carolla did with Ricky Williams.  Puts a lot more context into why Ricky walked away from the game, and completely blew up the public pothead stereotype that many placed on him.

30 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Interesting comments.  I also recommend that people listen to a recent interview Adam Carolla did with Ricky Williams.  Puts a lot more context into why Ricky walked away from the game, and completely blew up the public pothead stereotype that many placed on him.

at 58 minutes

• Like 1

I remember hearing a Steve Tasker interview 20+ years ago where he was going on about having to prepare mentally. I cannot remember exactly what he said, but it was something to the effect of his family knew not to bother him a few days before a game, because he had to start going into a dark mental place to be ready for the game.

I’m pretty sure Martellus had a few screws loose before the NFL..

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2016/03/17/martellus-bennett-**Patriots-trade/

Edit: i dont disclaim that playing a sport like professional football doesnt effect you psychologically...only that i think Martellus had a “pre-existing condition” 😆

Edited by Sig1Hunter