Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Former Buffalo Bill & NFL Head coach Marty Schottenheimer moved to hospice facility, family says

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

th?id=OIP.gJVb-e6ei9JtX0JGy7WAYQAAAA&pid

Former NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer was moved to a hospice facility near his home in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Saturday because of complications from Alzheimer's disease, his family said Wednesday in a statement given to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

He is listed in stable condition.

"As a family we are surrounding him with love," his wife, Pat, said in a statement, also speaking on behalf of the couple's children, Kristin and Brian, "and are soaking up the prayers and support from all those he impacted through his incredible life. In the way he taught us all, we are putting one foot in front of the other ... one play at a time.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30827590/former-nfl-head-coach-marty-schottenheimer-moved-hospice-facility

Edited by Norm
  • Sad 3

I love Marty Schottenheimer.  One of the great people in the NFL.   One of the biggest tragedies in the sport is that he never won a Super Bowl as a head coach. 

Alzheimer's friggin' sucks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Alzheimer's is a bitch of a disease.

May he find peace.  

And peace for his family and friends. This is a disease that is often worse for those surrounding and caring for the patient. I pray I go easily when it is my time, partly for me, but more for my family.