Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Nathan Petermen extended

You Dirty Rat

I think his incredible interception game was just a clever ploy to make tens of million$ in the NFL without ever having to play football. Well played sir!!! 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I never saw a guy look so good in practice then bomb in a game before

Take a look at who he was throwing to and who was blocking for him.  Peterman gets an awful lot of hate but take a wild guess at how many catches that WR corp had after leaving Buffalo.

There's a reason Beane got rid of literally everyone not named Dawkins on the offensive side of the football after Josh's first season.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Take a look at who he was throwing to and who was blocking for him.  Peterman gets an awful lot of hate but take a wild guess at how many catches that WR corp had after leaving Buffalo.

There's a reason Beane got rid of literally everyone not named Dawkins on the offensive side of the football after Josh's first season.

I would say that at least half of the picks were not Peterman's fault. There were several that bounced off the hands of the receivers and went right to a defender.

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

How bad was our defense in practice to make him look good?

Just now, snafu said:

How bad was our defense in practice to make him look good?

Peterman is a better QB than he looked in Buffalo.  He was never going to be a long term NFL starter, that much is clear.  That being said, we literally had ZERO NFL caliber WRs at that time.  I think as a group, they had less than 40 receptions COMBINED in their post Buffalo career and 34 of those belong to Zay Jones.

Starters in the San Diego Game:  
LeSean McCoy RB
Kelvin Benjamin WR
Zay Jones WR
Charles Clay TE

Dion Dawkins LT
Richie Incognito LG
Eric Wood C
Vlad Ducasse RG
Jordan Mills

RT

The WR/TE backups were Brandon Tate, Deonte Thompson, Andre Holmes, and Nick O'Leary.  None of them did a tangible thing in the NFL after leaving Buffalo.  McDermott really showed his ass putting Peterman into that situation, not that it mattered much.

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Peterman is a better QB than he looked in Buffalo.  He was never going to be a long term NFL starter, that much is clear.  That being said, we literally had ZERO NFL caliber WRs at that time.  I think as a group, they had less than 40 receptions COMBINED in their post Buffalo career and 34 of those belong to Zay Jones.

Starters in the San Diego Game:  
LeSean McCoy RB
Kelvin Benjamin WR
Zay Jones WR
Charles Clay TE

Dion Dawkins LT
Richie Incognito LG
Eric Wood C
Vlad Ducasse RG
Jordan Mills

RT

The WR/TE backups were Brandon Tate, Deonte Thompson, Andre Holmes, and Nick O'Leary.  None of them did a tangible thing in the NFL after leaving Buffalo.  McDermott really showed his ass putting Peterman into that situation, not that it mattered much.

I get what you're saying, and you can put Peterman right in there with the crap talent.  He's a slightly better QB than he showed when he was with the Bills. Even so, I'd rather have Barkley as the backup than Peterman -- and that's saying very little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I get what you're saying, and you can put Peterman right in there with the crap talent.  He's a slightly better QB than he showed when he was with the Bills. Even so, I'd rather have Barkley as the backup than Peterman -- and that's saying very little.

It's like choosing which turd smells least.  😄

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's like choosing which turd smells least.  😄

I typed "choose: puke or vomit" and deleted it!!!

• Haha 1

But it's not just the San Diego game, but the Texans game and the Ravens opener disaster.  The guy was an easy QB to defend, and that's why his stats are awful, not because he had a bad supporting cast.  The CBs/LBs were just licking their chops waiting to jump a route.

Edited by GG1