Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Streaming Concerts

Alaska Darin

I guess it's a thing now.

3 Doors Down has a series.  3 shows, all different, total cost is $50.  I went ahead and took a shot.  First show was them playing "The Better Life" from front-to-back with 3 additional unreleased songs.  It was a terrific show.  Great effects, excellent sound, and top notch musicianship.

• Like 1

Feels like an odd concept to me but maybe I am too old.  The excitement of the live show, in person would not equal a streamed video.  If the performers can pull this off, great for them.  Do a few shows and collect the cost directly with no cut to the ticket outlets and venues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin said:

Feels like an odd concept to me but maybe I am too old.  The excitement of the live show, in person would not equal a streamed video.  If the performers can pull this off, great for them.  Do a few shows and collect the cost directly with no cut to the ticket outlets and venues.

There is a lot to be said for the 'atmosphere' of a concert. The energy at a Dead show is/was unbelievable.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

There is a lot to be said for the 'atmosphere' of a concert. The energy at a Dead show is/was unbelievable.

That's called marijuana.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
Alaska Darin
On 2/9/2021 at 4:42 PM, GG1 said:

How was the streaming format?  I wanted to buy a Gorillaz show, but they only did it through a Chromecast.

It was actually really good.  I ended up having to put the Penguin browser on my television but the stream was REALLY clear and the sound was tremendous.

They did a really good job with the entire thing.  While it clearly doesn't have the ambiance of a live show it was much better than I expected.  Kinda like the difference between football in stadium versus at home.  Pros and cons are similar.

And it's tough to beat a full concert for $17.

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It was actually really good.  I ended up having to put the Penguin browser on my television but the stream was REALLY clear and the sound was tremendous.

They did a really good job with the entire thing.  While it clearly doesn't have the ambiance of a live show it was much better than I expected.  Kinda like the difference between football in stadium versus at home.  Pros and cons are similar.

And it's tough to beat a full concert for $17.

My TV isn't smart enough for that.  My realistic option is to plug the laptop into the AVR.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, GG1 said:

My TV isn't smart enough for that.  My realistic option is to plug the laptop into the AVR.

I'm seriously thinking about replacing my other television for just that reason.