Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

MICAH HYDE SIGNS 2 YR EXTENSION

wnyguy

I never paid attention to Hyde when he was at GB. Does anyone know or remember why they chose to not keep him?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is what a changed culture sounds like.

I just assumed he was a big wing fan.

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I never paid attention to Hyde when he was at GB. Does anyone know or remember why they chose to not keep him?

No clue.  All I remembered when we first sign him was him reading that WR screen to Beasley (ironically) for a pick six against the Cowboys in a playoff game.  He was a standout on a team that struggled in the secondary.  A versatile fan favorite.  Ted Thompson's last year as GB's GM was disastrous as they had the cap space.  Their loss.  Our gain.   

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/micah-hyde-reveals-telling-story-about-his-2017-free-agency/

“Now, I wouldn’t change it for the world,” Hyde said via Thad Brown. “It’s one of the best places to play, the fans are amazing, we live in Orchard Park where it’s like a family. We love our neighbors, they take care of us, I can call them up right now and see if they want to hangout and they’d be down too. It’s just that type of atmosphere, it’s family.”

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
On 3/5/2021 at 3:52 PM, IDBillzFan said:

His last season there the secondary was a mess.  It was the team's weak link, essentially costing them a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

Hyde was mostly played outside at corner with some time at both slot corner and safety.   I think this had as much to do with the decision to cut him as anything (few secondary players are going to show well being regularly cross-utilized).   Had they played him solely at safety,  he likely remains a Packer.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1