Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Spring Forward Edited: Senate Just Passed Bill (Unanimous Consent) to Make Permanent (3.15.22)

Ann

The wife is always complaining that the weekend is too short. It figures that the one week where she is actually right, she has Monday off and won’t make that complaint. 

Georgia actually did something right and and did away with daylight savings all together. I think some other places have done that as well. I don’t need extra time to tend to the crops, so I think I’ll get by. 

I think getting dark at 3:45 PM on gray Sunday afternoons in December during my childhood sitting by the fireplace to warm up while watching the Bills play in Miami in sunshine with the few fans they had wearing tee shirts and flip flops actually damaged me long term. That’s what my kids told me. I couldn’t argue with them.   🤷‍♂️

Seasons1992

While I was safely tucked away in my freshman dorm in 1997, the rest of the campus decided to riot in protest of losing an hour of drinking time. I've made up for this lost hour, since then.

9 hours ago, Augie said:

It means the end of WINTER, my LEAST favorite time of the year! 

I think for me it is watching everything return to life.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Georgia actually did something right and and did away with daylight savings all together. I think some other places have done that as well. I don’t need extra time to tend to the crops, so I think I’ll get by. 

I think getting dark at 3:45 PM on gray Sunday afternoons in December during my childhood sitting by the fireplace to warm up while watching the Bills play in Miami in sunshine with the few fans they had wearing tee shirts and flip flops actually damaged me long term. That’s what my kids told me. I couldn’t argue with them.   🤷‍♂️

It's the opposite. They will stay on daylight savings time all year. It has not passed yet. Right now, only Hawaii and (most of) Arizona don't play around with time changes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

It's the opposite. They will stay on daylight savings time all year. It has not passed yet. Right now, only Hawaii and (most of) Arizona don't play around with time changes.

I believe there is something in Congress now about keeping the whole country on permanent DST, which of course would be great.  It becomes kind of a shit show if every state is doing their own thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I was going to ask, so thanks for beating me to it. It always drives me crazy when people complain about daylight savings time. It’s standard time that sucks. 

And as for you golfers, I’m on my way out right now. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

Thanks.I just half heard the tail end of a story on the local news. I just hope we get it right!  The sun comes up eventually, well before I am up!  I just want to be able to enjoy light in the evening!

Edited by Augie

When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said … |  Bobbi's Blog

10 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

While I was safely tucked away in my freshman dorm in 1997, the rest of the campus decided to riot in protest of losing an hour of drinking time. I've made up for this lost hour, since then.

Student drinking matters.

I think I like Spring the best and watching the beginning of new growth from mother earth.

But Fall brings us football so there is that.

• Cheers 1