Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Athletic [NYT Buying It] Layoffs, Changing Model

Ann

This is NOT an affiliate link.

I have subscribed for years, and it is worth the full price. If you have questioned whether or not it is worth signing up for the Athletic, they have a special offer now for $1/mo for 6 months.  Keep track of your subscription as it will roll to $7.99/mo after that if you do not cancel.

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/springintm/21springintm

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

This is NOT an affiliate link.

I have subscribed for years, and it is worth the full price. If you have questioned whether or not it is worth signing up for the Athletic, they have a special offer now for $1/mo for 6 months.  Keep track of your subscription as it will roll to $7.99/mo after that if you do not cancel.

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/springintm/21springintm

Perfect timing, thanks. I've come across a lot of their stuff in the past few days that seemed worthy of a paid sub.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking of joining, this is the last day for the $1 promotion. I have no idea what the next promotion is -  or even if there will be a next promotion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

If you are thinking of joining, this is the last day for the $1 promotion. I have no idea what the next promotion is -  or even if there will be a next promotion.

Agree, it is well worth the $1 a month for 6 months promotional price.

I think the standard promotional is $6 a month for 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, GG1 said:

Yup, I reupped at $30/yr.  Definitely worth it

It really is great content, not just the Bills, but pretty much any sports team you want to read about.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, GG1 said:

Yup, I reupped at $30/yr.  Definitely worth it

Damn, I paid full boat.

Much better than SI IMO.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

Damn, I paid full boat.

Much better than SI IMO.

My BIL in the UK reads SI online so they send a print version to my house (he needed a US address).  I was shocked at what a bad publication it is now.  It's basically like the Vox sport page;  the primary focus is on the usual 'social' nonsense that now permeates virtually every news outlet.

I got another $1/month for six months offer from the Athletic so I signed up for the season.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...