Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 NHL Playoffs

MothersMilk

Alaska Darin

There aren't many things dumber than watching NHL coaches on the bench wearing masks in a packed arena where literally no one else is wearing a mask.  Why aren't we done with this nonsense?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

There aren't many things dumber than watching NHL coaches on the bench wearing masks in a packed arena where literally no one else is wearing a mask.  Why aren't we done with this nonsense?

Don't forget the backup goalie. He has to wear one too.

• Angry 2

4merper4mer
16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Now I feel dirty for rooting for the Utter Assholes yesterday....

I’m leaning in that direction as well.  Their one redeeming quality is the lesson that new arenas aren’t always beneficial.  The games played on the island have a whole different feel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m leaning in that direction as well.  Their one redeeming quality is the lesson that new arenas aren’t always beneficial.  The games played on the island have a whole different feel.

The new arena looks nice on the outside, but it will be a mess of historic proportions to drive in and out

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Those fans would be happy to stay at the Coliseum forever.  I just try to block out the fact that most of them are Jets fans too.

• Haha 1

I assume that the Networks would prefer New York against Montreal..................for the ratings.

They are going to get Las Vegas against Tampa Bay.

Hilarious listening to the announcers act all shocked that Islander fans are showering the ice with bottles after their team scores the OT winner.  Uh....have you guys ever met any Islander/Jets fans?  

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Hilarious listening to the announcers act all shocked that Islander fans are showering the ice with bottles after their team scores the OT winner.  Uh....have you guys ever met any Islander/Jets fans?  

That was a really good game. 
After the game , a couple players commented on the beer cans toss (typical lunkhead Isles fan move).  They were a bit more low key than Olzcyk was. Old Eddie nearly wet himself. 

MothersMilk
10 hours ago, GG1 said:

Congrats to the Habs

Agreed. 

Islanders are going to have to play almost perfect tonight, just don't want Tampa in there again. They have some sort of noise maker on every seat so its going to be loud AF.

FWIW, watching these games on national TV and listening to the announcers, it's a sad comparison to Sabres' play by play.  Rick's legend is far beyond decline and Dunleavy is horrible.  I tend to listen to many Sabres games vs watching, and it's impossible to follow the games with Sabres' announcers.