Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL exploring playing games in Germany

devnull

I know it’s going to continue to happen for financial reasons (it’s all about the Benjamins after all), but I don’t like these games outside the country. I don’t care if it’s London, Mexico City, Germany or anywhere else. I respect the game, and stealing a home game from ANY team is a disadvantage. The Jags barely have any fans, but I still don’t like their London semi-home games. 

The best fan bases can make a real difference in the outcome of a game. That certainly includes the Bills. Taking a home game away messes with the integrity of the game, IMO. 

NOW, having said all that, if and when we get scheduled for London or some other desirable destination, the wife will have to understand why it is so critical for me to be there to make noise and support my team!   😀

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

You Dirty Rat

After bombing Pearl Harbor, the Germans don't deserve any games...

StuKa Ju 87 4 on Make A Gif | Wwii fighter planes, Wwii aircraft, Aviation  art prints

Edited by Norm
  • Haha 2

Alaska Darin

Munich is awesome.  Of all the places the NFL talks about playing, DE is by far the best trip.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Munich is awesome.  Of all the places the NFL talks about playing, DE is by far the best trip.

Sure is, but having Bills fans there during Octoberfest would have history altering consequences, and should not be allowed to happen.

Like Iran getting a nuclear weapon.

• Haha 3

• 8 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 1:49 PM, Augie said:

I know it’s going to continue to happen for financial reasons (it’s all about the Benjamins after all), but I don’t like these games outside the country. I don’t care if it’s London, Mexico City, Germany or anywhere else. I respect the game, and stealing a home game from ANY team is a disadvantage. The Jags barely have any fans, but I still don’t like their London semi-home games. 

The best fan bases can make a real difference in the outcome of a game. That certainly includes the Bills. Taking a home game away messes with the integrity of the game, IMO. 

NOW, having said all that, if and when we get scheduled for London or some other desirable destination, the wife will have to understand why it is so critical for me to be there to make noise and support my team!   😀

With a 17 game schedule this problem is easily solved. Give each team eight home games, eight games at an opponent’s stadium, and one international game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

With a 17 game schedule this problem is easily solved. Give each team eight home games, eight games at an opponent’s stadium, and one international game. 

That’s 16 international games. What do they do now? Maybe 3-4? A big change. Is there that much interest?  IDK. 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s 16 international games. What do they do now? Maybe 3-4? A big change. Is there that much interest?  IDK. 🤷‍♂️

If you were to use a time machine to travel back to America of the 1870s, and if you were to announce that you wanted to play football, the game you’d end up playing would be a lot like rugby. No downs, no forward passes, continuous play, etc. Football as we know it was created by a man named Walter Camp. 

America got used to the new game of American football around the turn of the century. Now that the NFL wants to expand internationally, the question is how to get Europeans used to the game and interested in it? I don’t think the NFL can use Camp’s strategy of boil the frog slowly: of changing a rule here and a rule there until you have a whole different game. 

Maybe having a lot of games in Europe is the answer? A repeated exposure approach should work, so long as Europeans are actually being exposed. You don’t want there to be empty stadiums. To prevent that from happening the NFL could distribute some European tickets to other corporations, so that they could bestow them on their employees as rewards. Not everyone will want such a reward, so then you hope the unwanted tickets end up on a scalper market so they can be bought by people who want them. 

11 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Or rebrand the International games as Nomad games, which adds US cities without an NFL franchise.  St Louis, Salt Lake, Oklahoma City, etc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Alaska Darin

Greed.  They just can't help themselves.  They haven't learned a thing from how bad Thursday night football normally is.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, B-Man said:

I guess I will throw this here.

They won't be happy till they have ruined the schedule for the average fan.

NFL owners passed resolution that could lead to a Black Friday game on Amazon Prime

"Black Friday" game?

Pre-Cyber Monday game.  That's going to be nothing more than an extended infomercial for Amazon shopping.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"Black Friday" game?

Pre-Cyber Monday game.  That's going to be nothing more than an extended infomercial for Amazon shopping.

I'm disappointed.

I thought you were going to shake the 9 ball in response to the Black Friday game.