Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs WFT Week 3: The Aftermath

Ann

Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m guessing it’s because the Bills never took possession of the ball.

Personally I wish the turnovers on downs would count towards that number.

Agreed.  I've always felt that way - defense needs credit when they get a hold like that.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was really surprised to find out it doesn't count.  Just another stupid, weird, and unexplainable NFL thing.

Probably because, if you fail to field it, you never actually got possession of the ball to turn it over.

Likewise, I'm mildly surprised a blocked punt isn't considered a turnover...but if it's fourth down, you're giving up the ball on downs anyway, so it's more a question of field position.

Which leads me to believe we need a wider measure than "turnovers."  A measure of gross errors - not accidents, like a CB losing his footing in coverage - that result in an opponent's possession, score, or field position where it would normally not otherwise occur.  Fumbles, interceptions, mishandled kickoffs or punts, bad snaps that are lost, blocked kicks, safeties where the QB runs out of the end zone (or where some mammothly stupid OC calls for a telegraphed throw to his rookie receiver in his own end zone.)  

We'll call them BBPs: Boneheaded Bullshit Plays.  Or just JPs - Jets Plays.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was really surprised to find out it doesn't count.  Just another stupid, weird, and unexplainable NFL thing.

Kinda like an infield fly that no one chooses to catch is an infield single.

Also Lil Dity needs to remind himself the difference between a kickoff return and a punt return every time he is back there.
The ball looks the same but the situation is different. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Bills looking more like a team ready to compete for a championship today. KC's D has been very suspect.  At 1 - 2 like the Steelers KC find themselves in uncharted territory below 500 early on in the season. 

How about Josh Allen and a 5 TD day.:givingheart:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'll bet against the spread and take the under.  4-1.

I wonder if they might change their name to the Houston Penguins for the week.

🐧

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

Tucker just kicked a record 66 yard field goal that bounced off the cross bar and went through! Raisins win!

Prunetriots lost

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Probably because, if you fail to field it, you never actually got possession of the ball to turn it over.

Likewise, I'm mildly surprised a blocked punt isn't considered a turnover...but if it's fourth down, you're giving up the ball on downs anyway, so it's more a question of field position.

Which leads me to believe we need a wider measure than "turnovers."  A measure of gross errors - not accidents, like a CB losing his footing in coverage - that result in an opponent's possession, score, or field position where it would normally not otherwise occur.  Fumbles, interceptions, mishandled kickoffs or punts, bad snaps that are lost, blocked kicks, safeties where the QB runs out of the end zone (or where some mammothly stupid OC calls for a telegraphed throw to his rookie receiver in his own end zone.)  

We'll call them BBPs: Boneheaded Bullshit Plays.  Or just JPs - Jets Plays.

You know...as I reflect on this, it occurs to me that, instead of something like "Boneheaded Bullshit Plays," we could simply call them "Mistakes."  :eyeroll:

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Probably...but if the front office is really smart, they'll say "Instead, let's raffle them off to people who send proof of attendance."

Along with their vax card