Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Ultimate Guide to Attending a Bills Home Game

Ann

A fan of the Buffalo Bills and attending your first, or hundredth, home game? This comprehensive guide is comprised of tips and information provided by fellow fans.

Note: once people start contributing we shall get together a spread sheet

Edited to add: Link to Bills Game Day Guide! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Best wings:

You can probably get into the Anchor Bar easier than Duffs because Duffs on Sheridan gets so crowded. (I went there for beer as a kid more than the wings, but had plenty of both.)

Next trip I plan to make a point of getting to Bar Bill and/or Gabriel’s Gate as I’ve heard they are great but have never been. If you have to settle, there is an Anchor Bar at the airport. Not the same, but kinda checks that box. 

Looking for:

Best tailgating lots/experiences, etc

Hotels

Ticket resale details

Tips on how to avoid traffic to get to, and leave the stadium 

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Tips on how to avoid traffic to get to, and leave the stadium 

Hot air balloon.

Didn't say you wanted good tips...

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

If you are going to Hammer’s Lot, try to be sure you are making a right turn into the lot. The steady stream of traffic makes it almost impossible to make a left turn into the lot unless you are very, VERY early.

• Like 1

If you are looking for alternatives to staying downtown (which is great but I admittedly do not know very well), I would recommend looking into staying at the Hampton Inn on Main St in Williamsville. It’s where I usually stay and there are quite a few restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. It’s a nice, quaint little area with a lot of good options. 

• Like 1

ExiledInIllinois

Remember... They shut down Abbott Road in front of stadium at around 8am.  That means from Southwestern Blvd to just past the scoreboard is closed.  Only way to get to Hammer's is from the back. Beat around California Road, to Big Tree, to Abbott...

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Question: How far away do people want restaurant tips? Day before as well as day of? Price range? I am asking because I live in the area, and we eat out several times a week. I can do a ton of recommendations from Buffalo on north, but only go to  Orchard Park to take dogs to the Orchard Park Veterinary Hospital... so lunchy stuff. I am looking at @plenzmd1's old document (which he said we could use/change), and there are mostly hot dogs, subs, wings, pizza... should I add the four hundred thousand brewery and gastrooubs (The Griffin alone has 4 locations!)

Thoughts and input on what would be useful would be very appreciated!

• Love 1

Beer__League__Hockey
On 11/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Go to the Old First Ward near the Buffalo River.......Gene McCarthy's: https://www.genemccarthys.com/

Tell Margo behind the bar I said whattup.

Ha, just ate lunch there Thursday after the 11 day power playing! Nice hole in the wall, food exceeded expectations, trust me order the loaded nachos.

• Like 1

You should have received an email that the document is now live. In it, we ask for help with additional information... for instance, the breweries and gastropubs have not yet been added. 

You will notice that there are tabs or you can read the whole document at once! There is also a tailgating map (used with permission from the originator). 

Please point out any errors and don't forget to make your additions known via this thread!

Link to Bills Game Day Guide!

Arrange to  meet some out of town [not too far away....] friends/family to tailgate with you.  Decide who will bring what, etc.  A good chance to see some folks you haven't seen lately, and  a good time tailgating and a game for an encore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Arrange to  meet some out of town [not too far away....] friends/family to tailgate with you.  Decide who will bring what, etc.  A good chance to see some folks you haven't seen lately, and  a good time tailgating and a game for an encore.

You should have written the intro... and you might still. 😉