Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Meh.  That happens in every presser.  The “I’m the Pentagon spokesman and authority figure with 537 medals on my chest but you shouldn’t expect me to have a grasp on anything” was less common.

You are, of course, correct. Still, I can't get past the fact that these Q & A sessions are nothing more than just bread and circuses for the (m)asses because of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Pentagon looking to deliver thousands of ‘Iranian weapons’ to Ukraine: Report

The US army is analyzing sending thousands of alleged Iranian weapons and over a million rounds of ammunition to Ukraine as part of Washington’s latest bid to fuel the war against Russia.

According to unnamed US and European officials that spoke with the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), the arsenal would include over 5,000 assault rifles, 1.6 million rounds of small arms ammunition, a small number of antitank missiles, and more than 7,000 proximity fuses that were recently seized in the Gulf of Oman allegedly on their way to Yemen.

While this cache of weapons is small compared to what western nations have sent Ukraine over the past year, Pentagon officials reportedly see in the delivery a symbolic punishment for Iran supplying Russia with drones – a claim both Tehran and Moscow deny. ...

Deranged Rhino

Wrong on multiple levels - but neocons gonna neocon.

And let's remember no one, not a single person in the chain of command, can define what a victory looks like. A complete restoration of territory seized in 2014 is impossible - yet they keep saying that's what victory is. 

We know the truth. Victory has nothing to do with Ukraine and everything to do with removing Putin himself. That's the endgame. Ukraine is just a pile of sacrificial bodies they can use to throw at that goal while trying to claim the moral high ground.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong on multiple levels - but neocons gonna neocon.

And let's remember no one, not a single person in the chain of command, can define what a victory looks like. A complete restoration of territory seized in 2014 is impossible - yet they keep saying that's what victory is. 

We know the truth. Victory has nothing to do with Ukraine and everything to do with removing Putin himself. That's the endgame. Ukraine is just a pile of sacrificial bodies they can use to throw at that goal while trying to claim the moral high ground.

Honestly, though...how many world events more important than the Russo-Ukrainian War are going on right now?

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

*Posting for the article

What bullshit.  The US never recognized the annexation and breach of the , now we won't recognize a Ukrainian reconquest of illegally annexed Ukrainian territory?

Democrats...bringing you incoherent foreign polices since 1963.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Another one. 

Very poor window construction.  Forget State or Defense, Biden should sic OSHA on their ass.  OSHA might accomplish something.

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Honestly, though...how many world events more important than the Russo-Ukrainian War are going on right now?

I'd argue inflation and the ongoing economic slump/collapse is far more important to Joe and Jane on the street. I'd also put the implosion of our own Republic and its rule of law from within - which they can more easily accomplish by keeping us focused over there rather than on things at home - as an even more grave concern.

Because if/when we go down, the rest of the world falls too.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd argue inflation and the ongoing economic slump/collapse is far more important to Joe and Jane on the street. I'd also put the implosion of our own Republic and its rule of law from within - which they can more easily accomplish by keeping us focused over there rather than on things at home - as an even more grave concern.

Because if/when we go down, the rest of the world falls too.

Ohhhh...national stories masquerading as international stories are tight!

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ohhhh...national stories masquerading as international stories are tight!

Yeah, I'm a geopolitical expert now because of my background in screenwriting.

Crap Throwing Clavin
32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm sure I've pointed out that the portrayal of Bandera as an unrepentant Nazi is not only wrong, but grossly simplifying a complex subject.  He was the leader of the OUN, which was "allied" with the Nazis for all of four months, only for a coincidental confluence of a handful of anti-Soviet and anti-Polish policies (and note that Ukrainian/Polish conflict predates fascism by several centuries, going back to the Polish-Lithuanian occupation of Ukraine in the 1500s.)

World history is far more complex than American bipolar interpretations of "who is and isn't a Nazi."  

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah, I'm a geopolitical expert now because of my background in screenwriting.

Still more qualified than the current administration.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm sure I've pointed out that the portrayal of Bandera as an unrepentant Nazi is not only wrong, but grossly simplifying a complex subject.  He was the leader of the OUN, which was "allied" with the Nazis for all of four months, only for a coincidental confluence of a handful of anti-Soviet and anti-Polish policies (and note that Ukrainian/Polish conflict predates fascism by several centuries, going back to the Polish-Lithuanian occupation of Ukraine in the 1500s.)

World history is far more complex than American bipolar interpretations of "who is and isn't a Nazi."  

Question for you then on Bandera... why are almost all images of him that are seen on the 'net, accompanied by some form of the swastica?

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Question for you then on Bandera... why are almost all images of him that are seen on the 'net, accompanied by some form of the swastica?

Two reasons.  1) Because he was negotiating, as the leader of the OUN, for Ukrainian independence and nationality with German representatives from roughly July to November 1941 (when the OUN basically realized that the Nazis weren't going to kill them along with everyone else), so he would be seen with them, and with Nazi flags, as propaganda.

2) Because it's the internet.

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

For me it was his incessant strawman constructing to avoid answering the question(s).

The question forgets that NATO didn't cross the western Ukrainian border toward Russia whereas Russia crossed the eastern Ukrainian border toward NATO countries.  He might be a dork, but that Pentagon guy's answer is right.  NATO is a security alliance. Look at the Baltic States (in NATO) vs. Ukraine (not in NATO).  The countries that joined did so without being invaded by western States. Russia is trying to prevent, by force, Ukraine from voluntarily acting in what it believes to be its sovereign best interest.  

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Another one. 

At this point falling out of a window or down an elevator shaft can only be covered through supplemental life insurance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

China's attempts to overtake the Solomon Islands and thereby jump past the first island chain?