Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

We are so fortunate to have a president to go so boldly into a war zone like this.

I mean, not as bold as Ben Stiller, Angelina Jolie, Sean Penn and Liev Shreiber, who went there months ago, I guess, but there were air raid sirens going off, so it was probably more dangerous and he just didn't want to say anything.

So stunning. So brave.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

So China, with its gigantic manufacturing base is teaming up with Russia and its boundless energy reserves with the common stated goal of breaking the US and West's global hegemon. 

Good job, everyone. That neocon/lib bully refuse to even try to bargain foreign policy is really doing wonders.

On a seperate note, I do like being told this war is "for freedom" from the same @$$h@l&s who seek to control and restrict how I transport myself and my family, how I mow my lawn, how I cook my food and how I heat my house.

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Deranged Rhino
21 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Funny thing is that there were valid reasons to go in to Iraq and oust Hussein - not the least of which being he was a genocidal maniac who should have been removed, by force if necessary, by the entire world under the 1948 Genocide Convention.

But we can thank Clinton and his "acts consistent with genocide" dismissal of the Rwandan Genocide for trashing that treaty, I suppose. 

&#%$ing Democrats.  Last Democrat to have a foreign policy that wasn't fecklessly opportunistic was...Carter, maybe?  LBJ, certainly.

The Iraq scenario is a perfect example of just how manipulative the USIC is when it works hand in fist with the Neocon/Neoliberal agendas. The world knew Saddam was a genocidal maniac prior to 2003. They knew it for years prior. But the USIC knew that even in a post 9/11 world, that fact wasn't enough to move public opinion enough to support a prolonged war effort to topple his regime. 

... So what did they do? They concocted a fairytale about WMD based on intelligence they knew to be faulty at best - faked at worse, lied to the world about it, had Colin Powell burn his legacy by holding up vials at the UN all for a photo op to prey on people's emotions, all to get the outcome they wanted. And to top it off they threw in reams of disinformation designed to make Joe Public think Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

They manipulated reality, and facts, to get an outcome they desired. 

And while it's inarguable that Saddam was a monster, and logic at the time would say removing him would be a benefit to global stability - the actual results were the opposite. The world did not become more stable, it became far less stable. Iran and extremism took a larger role in the region, paving the way for the rise of ISIS and its offshoots, and plunged the US into a 20+ year commitment that bled three trillion from our national coffers just in time for a major economic downturn.

In fact, the only segment of the country that benefited from that operation was the security state itself, the very same people who manipulated facts and intelligence to put us on that path became even more powerful and beyond reproach than ever before in our history.

... Now look at Putin and how the USIC has worked to paint him and the conflict in Ukraine (and before that Syria) over the past decade. The parallels are not coincidental. 

Deranged Rhino

I'll answer, Glenn. No, it does not give them any pause because the Neocon movement has been completely absorbed by the Neoliberal/DNCe - and because Neocons are by nature allergic to common sense, reality, and honesty, they can't bring themselves to admit this.

So, they ignore it and pretend that it's not a thing. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nice career you had there, bud. Sorry it had to end this way.

Probably going to die in a "Russian bombing attack on Kiev."

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Suicide drones."  We used to just call them cruise missiles.  :classic_rolleyes:

We always used to call machine learning statistics.

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

We always used to call machine learning statistics.

In the near future, we'll call them flying spike proteins.

• Haha 1

This is kind of a crazy tale. This is a leftist former Fed dude who is now a woman on the front lines in the Ukraine.

Edited by IDBillzFan

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is kind of a crazy tale. This is a leftist former Fed dude who is now a woman on the front lines in the Ukraine.

What world am I living in that headlines trans contributions to a war?  :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What world am I living in that headlines trans contributions to a war?  :facepalm:

BIdenworld.

Where the priorities are very clear.

• Facepalm 2