Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von Miller is a Bill

Nanker

Alaska Darin
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

That was literally my second thought after "finally, a guy offenses HAVE to account for every play".  The little things he can share will make a huge difference for the young bucks. 

I'm particularly curious about Epenesa because there are times when he looks like he's being shot out of a cannon, so any additional things he can bring to his game will only enhance what he's already doing.  I thought the BILLS didn't play him enough last season.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

1) This is a "13 seconds" signing.  

2) Mac Jones is positively shitting his pants at this news.

3) Milano, Edmunds, Miller.  If they're keeping that 4-2 scheme, who are they benching?  Or does this indicate a switch to a base 4-3, with Taron Johnson moving from nickel to CB to replace Wallace?

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

3) Milano, Edmunds, Miller.  If they're keeping that 4-2 scheme, who are they benching?  Or does this indicate a switch to a base 4-3, with Taron Johnson moving from nickel to CB to replace Wallace?

I suspect we're going to see multiple different looks this season - a complete departure from years past.  Miller will likely be lined up at DE on obvious pass rush downs and moved around some on early downs between DE and OLB. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Maybe this isn't as odd as I suddenly realized it was this morning, but I forgot Miller went to the Rams half way through the season last year, in exchange for two draft picks.

He wasn't even one-and-done. He was half-of-one-and done.

Was this really just about the money?

• Like 1

"Bruce Smith always told us this. All you need is three good pass rush moves, and if you can perfect them, the sacks'll start rollin' in."

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Had to peek ATOP, and here's your reminder that no matter how many times some people here whine about  posters bring their ATOP crap here, there will never be the purest form of ATOP crap than at ATOP.

In the entire Miller discussion, you'll never see a take like this here.

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid!

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm particularly curious about Epenesa because there are times when he looks like he's being shot out of a cannon, so any additional things he can bring to his game will only enhance what he's already doing.  I thought the BILLS didn't play him enough last season.

I understand the want to rotate and have fresh legs for that 4th quarter but they sometimes have to go with whatever is working and/or who may be hot at the moment. AJE was literally a fingernail away from so many plays last year, hopefully he will get that little extra from Von to push his game up another notch.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
43 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Maybe this isn't as odd as I suddenly realized it was this morning, but I forgot Miller went to the Rams half way through the season last year, in exchange for two draft picks.

I doubt it.  Miller is a "football guy" - super thoughtful and introspective.  I think he likes the idea of possibly being the first guy to win a SB with 3 different franchises along with playing in front of a really rabid fanbase as his career winds down.

• Like 4

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I understand the want to rotate and have fresh legs for that 4th quarter but they sometimes have to go with whatever is working and/or who may be hot at the moment. AJE was literally a fingernail away from so many plays last year, hopefully he will get that little extra from Von to push his game up another notch.

We saw it the same way.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'm thinking possibly a 5-2 look for those instances when we want to deploy 3 LB's. In that, we may put 5 Dlinemen out on the field but Von, AJE or Groot will do the drop. 

Confuse the &#%$ out of the opposing Oline, make them guess what is coming on crucial downs. We need to do more stunting to get that pressure. I really think that with Von playing outside of Oliver and Settle on his other side you have matchup nightmares for the opposing team. 4 on those 3, they may want a 5th and what about Groot, do they max protect with 6 guy and a back to chip?

I can't wait...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

As one of the talking heads on GMFB said this morning, Von is being brought in to get those 4 or 5 plays in January to get the Lombardi. What he is going to bring to the locker room, practice field and games will be worth the money spent. He is going to love Bills Mafia and we are going to love him.

Can't say for sure but those 13 seconds may have turned out somewhat differently had Von been on the field...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not going to lie...it totally shook me when it came to my phone.

how they kept it totally secret until the announcement is amazing

which is why it was stunning

no leaks

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

no

the Rams would pay

he wants to add to his legacy by being the first guy to play on 3 Super Bowl winners

A Good Read.

Attention: Leslie Frazier!

Von Miller joins the Bills: What will he bring to Buffalo and what do the Rams do now?

... Jourdan Rodrigue: Hi, Joe! It’s an interesting thing to compare the acquisition of Miller by either of these teams, at the time they did. When the Rams traded for Miller in November, they did so knowing they were contenders who needed to get a little extra “oomph” in their outside pass rush, especially with the way coaches were scheming double- and triple-teams against Aaron Donald and chipping against Leonard Floyd.

That worked out for the Rams, and then some. Miller’s presence allowed them to rush only four when needed. Their numbers in this regard increased through the second half of the season, which allowed them to get more creative with their coverage and rotations in the middle and defensive backfield. And then when the playoffs arrived, they were able to do a lot of creative things specifically up front with Donald and Miller working off each other and also opening blitz space.

USATSI_17692091-2048x1427.jpg

What I think needs to be talked about as it pertains to the Bills, though, is what Miller lent to the locker room as a (then one-time) Super Bowl champion. He literally brought a replica Lombardi Trophy to the Rams facilities, set it on the training room table that everybody walked by each morning and wrote daily notes next to it about what it would take to hold the real thing. He reached Donald in a way not many people can and actually helped Donald find another gear to his game — which, let’s face it, we didn’t realize was even possible. There are only a few teams who truly contend each year, and the Rams are one of them. Now, the Bills certainly are as well. But the difference between constant playoff appearances and an actual championship comes down to the little details on the field, and off it. ...

If Von can help to unlock Oliver to that next level... look out!

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1