Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von Miller is a Bill

Nanker

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Don't feel bad.  Think about the fans in Chicago that bought Alonzo Spellman and Cade McNown Jerseys.  

Somewhere out there, there's Jets fans who will never admit to having bought Blair Thomas jerseys.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

If you need a close facsimile of the Zubaz pattern, let me know. I can let you in on the one I had designed. Believe it or not, the original Zubaz design is copyrighted. Ours is close...

Mixing my own acrylic wouldn't be that precise anyway.  The best I may be able to do is swirls of Bills colors...which would still be cool, with a charging buffalo and "SB XCIX" or whatever.

When I start mixing acrylic (or alumilite epoxy resin, whichever), I'll try some tests with Bills colors and see how they turn out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Mixing my own acrylic wouldn't be that precise anyway.  The best I may be able to do is swirls of Bills colors...which would still be cool, with a charging buffalo and "SB XCIX" or whatever.

When I start mixing acrylic (or alumilite epoxy resin, whichever), I'll try some tests with Bills colors and see how they turn out.

Using materials from Woodcraft?

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Using materials from Woodcraft?

We'll see.  Might look at other, higher-end kit suppliers...but I'm not at the point yet of making kitless pens (need about $400 in new equipment for that).

It's an expensive hobby.

22 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I would imagine that keeping the colors separate would be a main issue and not ending up with 'gray' or whatever. A vinyl wrap might work?

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

We'll see.  Might look at other, higher-end kit suppliers...but I'm not at the point yet of making kitless pens (need about $400 in new equipment for that).

It's an expensive hobby.

I keep getting their ad flyers. They’re big into pens recently. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I would imagine that keeping the colors separate would be a main issue and not ending up with 'gray' or whatever. A vinyl wrap might work?

Acrylic, epoxy, or alumilite are all viscous enough that they don't mix readily unless you stir them - they'll pour easily in to layers, and you can swirl them easily with a stirrer.  

But a zebra-striped look like zubaz?  I can think of a few ways to try it (e.g. pour thin slivers of blue and red, then when they're dried, stack and pour white around them.)  But I have no idea how it would work without trying, and every method I can think of is time-consuming as hell.

• Cheers 2

When you chicks are done talking about how to make fancy zebra pants for yourselves, maybe you can share your favorite sugaring paste to remove facial hair.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boo 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

When you chicks are done talking about how to make fancy zebra pants for yourselves, maybe you can share your favorite sugaring paste to remove facial hair.

Pens.  Not pants.  Pens.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

image.jpeg

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 2

Inside the Von Miller deal

</snip>

So what is the deal really worth?

Per a source with knowledge of the terms, here’s the full breakdown.

1. Signing bonus: $18.525 million.

2. 2022 base salary: $1.12 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2023 roster bonus: $13.345 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2023 base salary: $1.3 million, fully guaranteed.

5. 2024 base salary: $17.145 million, $10.71 million of which is fully guaranteed at signing. The rest becomes fully guaranteed in 2024.

6. 2025 base salary: $17.145 million.

7. 2026 base salary: $19.645 million.

8. 2027 base salary: $29.645 million.

9. 2022-27 per-game roster bonus: $255,000 annually.

10. 2022-27 workout bonus: $100,000 annually.

As a practical matter, the six-year, $120 million deal is a three-year, $52.5 million arrangement. So it’s $17.5 million per year, not $20 million. And the Bills have committed for three years, not six.

</snip>

• Like 1