Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Better Call Saul Season 6

devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, devnull said:

15 seasons, and they haven't covered Michael Milken, John Gutfreund, Ivan Boesky, Carl Icahn, or even Gordon Gekko (who's "greed is good" quote is a paraphrase of Icahn).

But they'll do an episode on Slippin' Jimmy.  :rolleyes: :classic_laugh: 

Nouseforaname
On 6/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

15 seasons, and they haven't covered Michael Milken, John Gutfreund, Ivan Boesky, Carl Icahn, or even Gordon Gekko (who's "greed is good" quote is a paraphrase of Icahn).

But they'll do an episode on Slippin' Jimmy.  :rolleyes: :classic_laugh: 

Still hilarious but I’m a little disappointed that squat cobbler didn’t make the cut.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 9:26 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You're a horrible human being.

I started watching Breaking Bad a couple nights ago.

I don’t like to watch more than 2 shows in one sitting, so this is going to take awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don’t like to watch more than 2 shows in one sitting, so this is going to take awhile. 

You're less horrible, but still not good.

Nouseforaname
On 6/20/2022 at 7:29 PM, snafu said:

Don’t give up because of the first season.  It gets a lot better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Don’t give up because of the first season.  It gets a lot better.

When Breaking Bad first first started on A&E, I gave up a few episodes in.

Then sometime before Season 3 started, I caught a marathon and was hooked.

It takes awhile to hit its stride

• O Rly 1
  • FANtastic 2

4 hours ago, devnull said:

When Breaking Bad first first started on A&E, I gave up a few episodes in.

Then sometime before Season 3 started, I caught a marathon and was hooked.

It takes awhile to hit its stride

I think the final episode was the only one I watched the same week it aired (DVR). I caught up just in time for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
Nouseforaname

So why didn’t mike tell jimmy that lalo was dead? The same reason obi wan didn’t kill Vader in revenge of the sith or the obi wan series …

That opening scene with Kim heading over to Gus’s place looked like a horror film. I love the way they shot that. 

I’m guessing a good portion of the remaining 5 episodes takes place in Omaha. They were really pushing that hard in the commercials I saw a couple times as I watched the last 20 minutes of the Breaking Bad finale. There really isn’t much left for the New Mexico story. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shrader said:

That opening scene with Kim heading over to Gus’s place looked like a horror film. I love the way they shot that. 

I’m guessing a good portion of the remaining 5 episodes takes place in Omaha. They were really pushing that hard in the commercials I saw a couple times as I watched the last 20 minutes of the Breaking Bad finale. There really isn’t much left for the New Mexico story. 

Interesting thought.

Was thinking w/ Lalo now dead they could pretty much take whatever turns they want in getting Kim out of the picture.  They basically have a blank 5 episode canvas to get from here to Breaking Bad.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Interesting thought.

Was thinking w/ Lalo now dead they could pretty much take whatever turns they want in getting Kim out of the picture.  They basically have a blank 5 episode canvas to get from here to Breaking Bad.

I’m currently well into season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Last night on Saul when I saw that Fring’s lab wasn’t completed yet, I was really surprised.  Especially since there’s only 5 Saul episodes left.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Last night on Saul when I saw that Fring’s lab wasn’t completed yet, I was really surprised.  Especially since there’s only 5 Saul episodes left.

Don't forget, BCS happens ~2002 and BB happens ~2008.

If you're watching both, the thing that's striking is how much older Mike, Gus, & Saul/Jimmy are in BCS even though they're ~6 years younger by the storyline.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snafu said:

I don’t think the lab is all that important to these last 5 episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see it again. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I don’t think the lab is all that important to these last 5 episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see it again. 

I agree.

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't forget, BCS happens ~2002 and BB happens ~2008.

If you're watching both, the thing that's striking is how much older Mike, Gus, & Saul/Jimmy are in BCS even though they're ~6 years younger by the storyline.

Well Saul's story timeline must be six years.

Whereas BB is only about a year (based upon Skylar's pregnancy and the age of the baby during the show).

35 minutes ago, snafu said:

Whereas BB is only about a year (based upon Skylar's pregnancy and the age of the baby during the show).

The stuff that has gone on so far in BCS is only ~2 years (maybe less).  Wouldn't count on Gilligan filling in the full 6 years, though he might.  Like @shrader said, they might fast forward to the Cinnabon in Omaha for some of these last 5 episodes.  All they have to do in the '02 timeline is get Kim out of the picture.  Vince can do that in 1/2 an episode if necessary.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The stuff that has gone on so far in BCS is only ~2 years (maybe less).  Wouldn't count on Gilligan filling in the full 6 years, though he might.  Like @shrader said, they might fast forward to the Cinnabon in Omaha for some of these last 5 episodes.  All they have to do in the '02 timeline is get Kim out of the picture.  Vince can do that in 1/2 an episode if necessary.

I get what you're saying, but there's way too much Saul in BB to make those timelines so far apart.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

I think we'll see it at least one more time with a cameo by Gale Bettiger

6 hours ago, snafu said:

And Walt’s age in the birthday bacon!

3 hours ago, devnull said:

I think we'll see it at least one more time with a cameo by Gale Bettiger

Yeah I think so too, but it really isn’t necessary at this point since he’s already been on the show. I just feel like Gus and even Mike’s role in this show is essentially finished at this point. And it pins me to say that because Mike has always been my favorite character. 

They absolutely have to return to the Omaha side of things very soon because Saul getting IDed out there is way too big of a thread to leave loose. 

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah I think so too, but it really isn’t necessary at this point since he’s already been on the show. I just feel like Gus and even Mike’s role in this show is essentially finished at this point. And it pins me to say that because Mike has always been my favorite character. 

They absolutely have to return to the Omaha side of things very soon because Saul getting IDed out there is way too big of a thread to leave loose. 

I disagree that Gus' role in this show is over.  At the very least he has a trip to the nursing home to share Lalo's home movie with Hector