Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Can Bills QB Josh Allen keep up historic dual-threat scoring success?

</snip>

The Buffalo Bills' Pro Bowl quarterback turned 28 on Tuesday. Along with marking another trip around the sun, Allen's big day served as a milestone marker in illustrating just how historically successful he's already been in his career.

Allen has 220 career touchdowns (167 passing, 53 rushing), which is the most by any player prior to his 28th birthday, per NFL Research.

</snip>

Along with his history-setting nose for the end zone, Allen enters his age-28 season statistically entrenched in the company of Hall of Famer's and the game's elite currently.

A look inside the numbers by NFL Research shows just how rarified the air is that Allen has soared to over his first six seasons.

</snip>

Though his dual-threat ability has made him a front-runner historically, his passing acumen stands among the best of the best on its own merit. Allen's aforementioned 167 touchdown passes are tied for third-most in league history prior to turning 28.

Those 167 TD tosses are the same that Hall of Famer Peyton Manning had prior to his 28th birthday and trail only Mahomes (192) and HOFer Dan Marino (196).

His 53 rushing scores are the most for any quarterback before 28, and he stands as the only QB in history to have 150-plus passing TDs and 50-plus rushing TDs before age 28, per NFL Research.

</snip>

Allen has 21 touchdown passes in the postseason, standing as one of just two quarterbacks to surpass 20-plus playoff TD passes before turning 28.

</snip>

• Like 1

Spartacus

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5524835/2024/05/29/trevor-lawrence-contract-jaguars-doug-pederson/

Lawrence completed 65.6 percent of his passes, which ranked 14th. He threw 14 interceptions (tied for fourth most) and had 21 turnovers, which was third most behind only Sam Howell — who is already on his second team — and Josh Allen, who, good as he is, is a human carnival ride.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5524835/2024/05/29/trevor-lawrence-contract-jaguars-doug-pederson/

Lawrence completed 65.6 percent of his passes, which ranked 14th. He threw 14 interceptions (tied for fourth most) and had 21 turnovers, which was third most behind only Sam Howell — who is already on his second team — and Josh Allen, who, good as he is, is a human carnival ride.

Don't say it, @Jabba The Hutt.  Don't you even think of saying it.  

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

IDBillzFan

Agreed.

Really dig seeing QB1 bit in the Gatorade commercial.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man, this is precious. Enjoy how wise these Bills fans are.

This is one of the reasons I never wet my pants over draft picks. 

Easiest way I know to look like a damned fool.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 6/5/2024 at 10:47 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This is one of the reasons I never wet my pants over draft picks. 

Easiest way I know to look like a damned fool.

Oh, I wet my pants over the Josh Allen pick...but in a good way :classic_love:

• Facepalm 1

Spartacus
On 5/29/2024 at 10:05 AM, Ann said:

"Forcing me to learn different things"

This might be out of order, the X stream is a bit of a mess. You can find all the different tweets here, or the the article here.

DF: Yes, a lot of new receivers, but it all circles around you as the quarterback. And as the quarterback, what it the most important thing when it comes to building a connection with new receivers? Because it is such a different room now.

JA: I think taking the time to get to know them off the field, and outside the facility. Having people over for dinner. Going out and golfing with guys. Fishing, whatever it is. Making sure you’re spending time with guys outside the building, and learning their history and their family and what makes them tick. And doing it in a genuine way. Sometimes, the league can be transactional, but the relationship part of it is very real. Especially for me, the more you can trust someone off the field, the more you trust them on the field. And I’ll stand by that as long as I live.

• Popcorn 1
  • Applause 2