Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

19 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I see where, pending a vote by the UAW membership, Ford and the Union have agreed on a contract. 25% wage increase. Get ready to see, already elevated prices, stickers rise 25%.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 8:01 PM, Foxx said:

I see where, pending a vote by the UAW membership, Ford and the Union have agreed on a contract. 25% wage increase. Get ready to see, already elevated prices, stickers rise 25%.

Not just the KY plant.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/26/ford-will-postpone-about-12-billion-in-ev-investment.html

Also

"Ford lost an estimated $36,000 on each of the 36,000 electric vehicles it delivered to dealers in the quarter - even more than its estimated $32,350 loss per EV in the second quarter."

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/ford-withdraws-2023-forecast-warns-ev-results-2023-10-26/

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

In today's crazed world, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened before now.

Should note that: 1) That's Panama the country, not Panama City, FL.

And 2) the "climate protesters" were protesting that a Canadian takeover of management of a Panamanian copper mine didn't promote enough diversity.

And chew on that last point for a little while, and wonder where those protesters are coming from...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

CarpetCrawler
10 hours ago, Nanker said:

And here I thought she had no skills at all. 

That's the only one she ever needed to get where she is.

• Like 2